Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

ISSUE 85 IS OUT NOW

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

ISSUE 85 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Oh yes it is. It's just hit the mat. By the time we get Issue 86 at Whisky Live. Musky might just be getting this one. :)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Re: ISSUE 85 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 am

les taylor wrote:Oh yes it is. It's just hit the mat. By the time we get Issue 86 at Whisky Live. Musky might just be getting this one. :)

You realise that I'm going to be in your backyard within the next six months now, do you? Don't be agitating the Canadian - you don't want to "wake one of us up" now do you? Especially if he might just drop in on your mat unannounced! :shock:

Remember Les, over here we consider distances by time. For example Winnipeg is 2 hours away, Thunder Bay is 5 hours away and Toronto is 23 hours away. So a run from Scotland down to your neck of the woods is merely a light afternoon drive for us. You won't be insulated from our depredations of your whisky stocks by "the pond" this coming Fall - (or do you call it Autumn?)
:dead:

Actually, it would be a treat to actually hook up with you, if possible. When the trip is planned out, I'll PM you the details. Got any whisky you want to get rid of?

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

It arrived today.
PE on the front cover as a new release - I'm excited!

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

Muskrat Portage wrote:
les taylor wrote:Oh yes it is. It's just hit the mat. By the time we get Issue 86 at Whisky Live. Musky might just be getting this one. :)

You realise that I'm going to be in your backyard within the next six months now, do you? Don't be agitating the Canadian - you don't want to "wake one of us up" now do you? Especially if he might just drop in on your mat unannounced! :shock:

Remember Les, over here we consider distances by time. For example Winnipeg is 2 hours away, Thunder Bay is 5 hours away and Toronto is 23 hours away. So a run from Scotland down to your neck of the woods is merely a light afternoon drive for us. You won't be insulated from our depredations of your whisky stocks by "the pond" this coming Fall - (or do you call it Autumn?)
:dead:

Actually, it would be a treat to actually hook up with you, if possible. When the trip is planned out, I'll PM you the details. Got any whisky you want to get rid of?

Musky

Musky that would be great. I'm about 6 hours drive from Glasgow if the motorway is running free. And yes we do call it autumn.
les taylor

Postby sku » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 am

Just got mine and was reading it and on page 11, top left corner, there I am, in the second row, along with my wife at the Highland Park Master Class at WhiskyLive LA. Woo-hoo.
sku
Bronze Member

Postby rmcq » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 am

This is the 1st magazine I have received.

I'll be quite blunt - do all issues suffer from such a lack of substance? There is not 1 article with more than a few hundred words. It was just like reading a tabloid.

I must say I am a little disappointed, and glad I only opted for the 1 year subscription. Hopefully the next issue will be a little more substantial.
rmcq

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 am

rmcq:
It's one of the limited contacts, that we get out here in the wilderness that is Canada, with the Whisky world, so I make the most of it. I have to agree, some of the articles are a bit short but WM does make an attempt to appeal to a broad range of interests.

Do stay around for the ride, some of the gem articles are well worth the wait. Also, some of the characters on the forums are an absolute hoot!

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:32 am

rmcq wrote:This is the 1st magazine I have received.

I'll be quite blunt - do all issues suffer from such a lack of substance? There is not 1 article with more than a few hundred words. It was just like reading a tabloid.

I must say I am a little disappointed, and glad I only opted for the 1 year subscription. Hopefully the next issue will be a little more substantial.

I think that you have to remember that it is a magazine. The articles are designed to be short. Just to be dipped in and out of, for a lengthier tome there are many books on the subject which go in to much greater depth.
les taylor

Postby andyt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 pm

I enjoy the magazine but I do get slightly annoyed at the amount of typos, it's like the Graudian in the old days.
andyt
Silver Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Andy:
(What's a Graudian? typo dislexia, perhaps?)
:D
I've learned in these days of "spellcheck" that typos are a lot more common in print media. It's not always a typo, merely the wrong tense or an improper homophone being applied (two;to;too).

I usually find 2 or three in any print media that I'm reading. I laugh, and then carry on reading. Thankfully we live in a world where everyone isn't perfect- it would really be boring otherwise.

Now about issue 85 ...

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby andyt » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Musky, your right it should have been Grauniad, the Guardian newspaper was notorious for typos during the eighties and nineties and so was referred to as the Grauniad.
andyt
Silver Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 am

:D :D :D
I kinda figured it was Guardian, having been brought up reading papers and funnies from "the Old Country" when I was a little tyke.

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 am

Downhill. Shame on you.
Deactivated Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat May 01, 2010 2:04 pm

:lol:
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member