Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Issue 91

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Issue 91

Postby John Barleycorn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 am

I have just received my copy of issue 91.Looks as if there are some interesting articles. I'm off to make myself a coffee, sorry pour myself a dram and have a good read. See you all later.

Cheers John
User avatar
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Issue 91

Postby les taylor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm

It's here as well John. Musky might get issue 91 this year. :)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: Issue 91

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:10 am

les taylor wrote:It's here as well John. Musky might get issue 91 this year. :)

Les:
Not holding my breath on that one. I think I'll go pour a 40 Creek and stick my tongue out at you...
:P
You of course, are welcome to: :headbang:
Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: Issue 91

Postby John Barleycorn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 am

Musky's lost mags are being sold on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KT-TUNSTALL-RICHA ... 27b656f3be

Cheers John
User avatar
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Issue 91

Postby Muskrat Portage » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am

John Barleycorn wrote:Musky's lost mags are being sold on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KT-TUNSTALL-RICHA ... 27b656f3be

Cheers John
Y'know something John, me boy? My family originates just outside of Inverness, a little place called Forres. Be nice, or the Clan wi' descend with a waving of claymores and shrieking imprecations agin' yer soul tha' twil mak yer blud run chill. Then we'll drink all your whisky and rudely thumb through your whisky magazines.
:D
I have no doubt it will arrive in good time and be well worth the wait. I'm looking forward to seeing what new offerings are profiled in the issue.
Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: Issue 91

Postby John Barleycorn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:Y'know something John, me boy? My family originates just outside of Inverness, a little place called Forres. Be nice, or the Clan wi' descend with a waving of claymores and shrieking imprecations agin' yer soul tha' twil mak yer blud run chill. Then we'll drink all your whisky and rudely thumb through your whisky magazines.


Not Glasgow folk by any chance are they? I think I'll send Mrs Barleycorn in first to greet them!

Muskrat Portage wrote:I have no doubt it will arrive in good time and be well worth the wait. I'm looking forward to seeing what new offerings are profiled in the issue.
Musky


All good things come to those who wait.

Cheers John
User avatar
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Issue 91

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 pm

John:
Not Glaswegians, no worries there :D. We originally haled from a place called Brodie Castle. All nice polite Canadians now, that would never impolitely intrude unless sufficiently riled. (The last 6 wars we've been in show what can be done when you wake up a Canadian!) Note:1812; S. Africa; WW1; WW2; Korea; Afganistan. Today we'll gather to proudly remember all those who've served before and after us.

I'm hoping this issue will highlight more distilleries and have less musical intrusions than the last issue. Until I get across again I have to live vicariously through the pages of WM and the postings of my fellow forummers.

Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: Issue 91

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:12 am

Muskies' copy arrived yesterday. Hallejuiah!
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: Issue 91

Postby les taylor » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 am

Muskrat Portage wrote:Muskies' copy arrived yesterday. Hallejuiah!



Good work Pete that was less than a month. :)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: Issue 91

Postby John Barleycorn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:Muskies' copy arrived yesterday. Hallejuiah!


Hooray Muskies' post arrived today. :D

Ok, so it was yesterday but that doesn’t scan all that well. Enjoy all the wonderful articles and the best buy feature; in fact you should quiz your postman, sorry post person, as to what they are drinking at the moment, if it coincides with editor’s choice or any of the new releases in that issue, then you need not look any further as to the source of your postal delays. Only a thought, but one to consider.

Cheers John

ps. Good hear from you too Les, I was wondering what had happened to you
User avatar
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Issue 91

Postby les taylor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 am

John Barleycorn wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:Muskies' copy arrived yesterday. Hallejuiah!


Hooray Muskies' post arrived today. :D

Ok, so it was yesterday but that doesn’t scan all that well. Enjoy all the wonderful articles and the best buy feature; in fact you should quiz your postman, sorry post person, as to what they are drinking at the moment, if it coincides with editor’s choice or any of the new releases in that issue, then you need not look any further as to the source of your postal delays. Only a thought, but one to consider.

Cheers John

ps. Good hear from you too Les, I was wondering what had happened to you




Thanks John I'm still around very busy with work at the moment. I tend to pop in here on a toast break. Marmite and home made plum jam this morning. :)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder