Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

ISSUE 92 IS OUT NOW

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

ISSUE 92 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Dave has braved the Artic conditions and the treacherous snow and ice to bring us cheer on such a cold day. Cheers Rob. :thumbsup:
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Re: ISSUE 92 IS OUT NOW

Postby Rob Allanson » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Glad you got it - apparently the office copies are stranded in a truck stuck somewhere in Surrey.... :shock:
Rob Allanson
Editor

Postby John Barleycorn » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:54 pm

les taylor wrote:Dave has braved the Artic conditions and the treacherous snow and ice to bring us cheer on such a cold day.

Good one Les. Mine has not arrived yet, am I the ‘Musky’ in the North of Scotland?

Musky may get his copy in time for Hogmanay. Keep us posted on its progress, Musky.

Cheers John
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby les taylor » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:44 pm

John Barleycorn wrote:
les taylor wrote:Dave has braved the Artic conditions and the treacherous snow and ice to bring us cheer on such a cold day.

Good one Les. Mine has not arrived yet, am I the 'Musky' in the North of Scotland?

Musky may get his copy in time for Hogmanay. Keep us posted on its progress, Musky.

Cheers John

John I reckon you must be. Still it should come tomorrow. Musky might get his duriing december.
les taylor

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:26 am

John B: If you are out in the snow, shovel in hand, while wearing Grey Sorels, a parka, heavy mitts and a balaclava while shovelling a path for "Dave" to walk up - you are indeed the Musky of Northern Scotland. I hope to receive my copy long before Hogmanay (aka New Years) but if not, I'll drown my sorrows with an as yet unopened bottle of SM, specially purchased for the evening.

Did I ever mention the time I walked to the liqour outlet in Snowshoes while at Uni to buy beer? It was a couple of miles from residence to the shop and back, but I made it, carrying the beer in a pack on my back. If you've ever had to do something similar, I think we should arrange to dram together someday and compare notes.

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby John Barleycorn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Musky. Yes we too have had quite a falling of snow over the past few weeks, which is very unusual for us, as we don't normally get any until mid-January onwards. In fact, I had just dispatched Mrs B to clear the path of the white stuff, this morning, when who should pop his head form around the garden fence but Hamish our friendly postie. Having informed him of your plight, he told me that his brother, a minister of the kirk in the next village, know a man in Edinburgh whose cousin's wife is friendly with a postie in Winnipeg and that, if I was to give him a copy of the foresaid magazine, he would see what he could do. Furnishing him with my copy of Whisky Magazine and with a few words of encouragement, in verse, (which I have penned below) and a quick picture of his departure, I sent him on his way. I hope it don't get held up in the Christmas rush.

Musky's Mag

Postie, postie don't delay
Speed Musky's mag on its way.
Over highland, moor and glen.
To get to him by God knows when.

Postie, postie do not sway.
Get this whisky mag to him today.
Through wind and rain. Through hale and snow.
So postie, postie don't go slow

Postie, postie please by quick.
The snow is falling fast and thick.
And any more of this and I'll be sick.
(Eat your heart out McGonagall)

Musky.jpg

I'm sorry to say that I have never had the pleasure of going to the liquor store on Snowshoes, but I do remember, when I was student living in Glasgow in the seventies, a frosty night behind the off sales in Argyle Street with a lassie from Govan. The memories, the memories, oh to be young again.

Cheers John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:18 am

John: Love the po-em and the sentiments of your posting. The way things are going here with Canada Post, everything seems to go to Mississauga (suubrb of Toronto) to be sorted then gets sent back North to us. I fear the next issue will be delayed beyond normal circumstances, whether it comes from the UK or the US.
:headbang:
Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby jmfrawley » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Wow I still have not recieved my magazine #92 in the mail yet here in New York City. Is this common? I know issue #91 came about a month after it first came out. Hope fully it will come anyday now.
jmfrawley

Postby AdamMY » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:01 am

jmfrawley wrote:Wow I still have not recieved my magazine #92 in the mail yet here in New York City. Is this common? I know issue #91 came about a month after it first came out. Hope fully it will come anyday now.

I've been meaning to resubscribe recently, but I think I would rather spend the money on a bottle, but while I was subscribed I noticed if you are in the US it takes a substantial amount of time after the announcement comes out to get the magazine in the US.
AdamMY

Postby jmfrawley » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:19 pm

My copy came in the mail yesterday. A wonderful way to end a monday with a dram and a good read!
jmfrawley

Postby mdski » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:59 pm

I live in Madison,Wisconsin.I recieved issue #92 yesterday,Jan. 10,2011.
I don't know who to mention this to but,in the article by Roger Protz,the photo discription on page 61 says "Yeast". I could be wrong but being a member of MHTG:
Madison Homebrewers & Tasters Guild, I and probably most of my fellow members would look at that photo and see Hop Pellets not yeast. I could be wrong .Roger, I remember attending your lecture on the winning beers at the GBBF a few years back.
Being the Beer Guru that you are,what do you say did the publishers make a mistake here?
mdski

Postby Rob Allanson » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:12 pm

mdski wrote:I live in Madison,Wisconsin.I recieved issue #92 yesterday,Jan. 10,2011.
I don't know who to mention this to but,in the article by Roger Protz,the photo discription on page 61 says "Yeast". I could be wrong but being a member of MHTG:
Madison Homebrewers & Tasters Guild, I and probably most of my fellow members would look at that photo and see Hop Pellets not yeast. I could be wrong .Roger, I remember attending your lecture on the winning beers at the GBBF a few years back.
Being the Beer Guru that you are,what do you say did the publishers make a mistake here?

Nope the publishers did not get it wrong, the Editor (me) did. Sorry about that. We had some tech issues here going to press, the first pic was yeast, the pic that was used indeed hop pellets. This does not reflect on Roger!
Rob Allanson
Editor

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder