Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

ISSUE 93 IS OUT NOW

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

ISSUE 93 IS OUT NOW

Postby John Barleycorn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am

Hamish our friendly postie has just popped through the letter box the latest issue. I'm off to "The Den" for a coffee and to catch up with what is happening in the world of whisky, while Mrs B gets on with making yet another batch of marmalade. :thumbsup:

Cheers John
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Re: ISSUE 93 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:13 am

John Barleycorn wrote:Hamish our friendly postie has just popped through the letter box the latest issue. I'm off to "The Den" for a coffee and to catch up with what is happening in the world of whisky, while Mrs B gets on with making yet another batch of marmalade. :thumbsup:

Cheers John

John you just beat me. Dave has been round. Red Roses of Kentucky featured on the front cover. Do any of our friends across the pond want to see a picture of the cover as they won't be getting there's for a while? Especially Musky :wink:

I guess the next issue we'll be picking up at Whisky Live London. Only 36 sleeps to go. :)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby John Barleycorn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

les taylor wrote:John you just beat me.

Sorry Les, the early bird...... etc

les taylor wrote:Do any of our friends across the pond want to see a picture of the cover as they won't be getting there's for a while? Especially Musky

I don't like to ask. I don't know if Musky got the last issue, may be his postie is still reading it. Anyway just in case he and those across the pond do wish to see the cover of this new wonderful issue here it is

Whisky Mag 93.jpg

CheersJohn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Nice picture John. :thumbsup:
les taylor

Postby Willie JJ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Aye nice picture. I fancy a bourbon right now.
Willie JJ

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:31 am

Gentlefolk:
I appreciate your concern for my welfare and appreciate your sharing a snippet or two of information. It truly makes my weekend all the more worthwhile.

Yeah,I received the last issue, left it on the table and the dog knocked over a glass of water onto, yep, the WM magazine. It's been carefully dried out and pressed under a weight so I can enjoy it this evening. No drams to enjoy 'though - Musky is on a diet for 28 days. Whisky is off the list for the month.

(heavy sigh)

Musky (forlorn Musky)
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby John Barleycorn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:31 am

Muskrat Portage wrote:No drams to enjoy 'though - Musky is on a diet for 28 days. Whisky is off the list for the month.

My dear friend this is a sad state of affairs, who has done this to you? :cry: Has Mrs Musky put her foot down, told Musky that he's over weight? Mrs B does this to me every now and then but I usually find that a wee bit of sweet talking and a bunch of flowers does the trick and if that doesn't work then a weekend in Glasgow with a wee bit of shopping and I'm home and dry, ready to start from where I left off. :thumbsup: If on the other hand your physician has ordered this period of abstinence then I am truly sorry and I hope that it pass quickly and with as little pain as possible.

As for the dog knocking over the water on your last issue of WM, I can only assume you intended to say the 'water of life'.

Cheers John
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 am

John Barleycorn wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:No drams to enjoy 'though - Musky is on a diet for 28 days. Whisky is off the list for the month.

My dear friend this is a sad state of affairs, who has done this to you? :cry: Has Mrs Musky put her foot down, told Musky that he's over weight? Mrs B does this to me every now and then but I usually find that a wee bit of sweet talking and a bunch of flowers does the trick and if that doesn't work then a weekend in Glasgow with a wee bit of shopping and I'm home and dry, ready to start from where I left off. :thumbsup: If on the other hand your physician has ordered this period of abstinence then I am truly sorry and I hope that it pass quickly and with as little pain as possible.

As for the dog knocking over the water on your last issue of WM, I can only assume you intended to say the 'water of life'.

Cheers John

I have done this in previous years. Mrs Les my daughter and son in law are all doing this through February as well. My Sky box has packed up so I was watching the box set of Oz and James's big wine adventure last night. Just had to have a glug of Red to go along with it. Did I feel guilty? No not a bit of it. :)
les taylor

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Thankfully the pooch knoocked over H20 not usquebach, or she would be referred to as "the late dog". As for the dieting, I probably could drink whisky with a bit of water but I decided not to stray too far from the program, which also allows me to do a version (aversion?) of "cleansing" as others have in the past on these pages.
The good news is I've dropped over 20 pounds since Christmas and may have to punch new holes in my belts soon. The long term goal(s) i/ares to
a) Be able to wear a bathing suit without causing small children to run from the beach screaming "Save me from Namu the killer whale!"
b) Fit back into my kilt by next Robbie Burns dinner and
c) Run a half marathon before I'm 60. (Did I mention I walk over 5 km a day and have 10 and 15 km walks laid out? Once I can walk the 15 k comfortably, I go back to the 5 k and run it.)
Already I see changes as my resting heart rate is down to 68 bpm again and when walking (7 km/h) it's at 90 bpm.
Definite improvements, already. So whisky is on hold for just a wee bit longer, but think how wonderful that first dram will taste!
Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder