Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Issue 40

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Issue 40

Postby Pipe and dram » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:47 pm

Anyone in North America still waiting for Issue 40? Nothing here in Canada yet that I know of.
Pipe and dram

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:40 pm

As usual I'm still waiting for it too.. Holland over here.

It takes 5-6 weeks for it to get here (sigh).
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Matt2 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:48 pm

The official publication date for America is the 23rd July.

Most of Europe has had their copies, if they are delayed then it is down to your local postal service. :cry:
Matt2

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:54 pm

if they are delayed then it is down to your local postal service.

Dont get me started Matt :wink:
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Admiral » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:14 pm

What are you complaining about?

I only JUST received Issue 39 two days ago! :(

Admiral
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:09 pm

:D Just before you get started Jeroen, Matt is probably right.

A couple of years ago, as Erik Huurman will recall only too well, we looked very closely at the problem of subscribers im Europe haing to wait for their copies. We found that while nearly everyone got their copies within a couple of weeks at the latest, random copies were not delivered until much later,

Since all the copies were shipped at the same time in the same consignment, the only logical answer was that some local postal people were better than others!

In Erik's case, I seem to remember that one character in his postal code was wrong, but one of the postal workers realised this and delivered it, whereas if someone else was on duty who did not realise the error, the copy was returned undelivered to the sorting office. So Erik sometimes got his copy quickly - sometimes he had to wait longer

But like all good things, WM is definitely worth waiting for!

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:46 pm

Thats a good point Rudolph.

Can everyone check that their full and correct address is displayed when copies are delivered. If there is anything wrong please let me know and I will get it corrected.

Perhaps offering your local postman a dram when he next delivers it will speed things up :wink:
Matt2

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:06 pm

Rudolph Hucker wrote:A couple of years ago, as Erik Huurman will recall only too well, we looked very closely at the problem of subscribers im Europe haing to wait for their copies. We found that while nearly everyone got their copies within a couple of weeks at the latest, random copies were not delivered until much later

I remember the email correspondence we had while you were working for WM Colin, and I know your view on the subject :)

Erik himself confirmed he has to wait 5-6 weeks for his copies too (also after his postal code got fixed). Just like all other dutch subscribers I spoke too. (if there is any Dutch subscriber getting his copy a lot faster, please speak up and share your secret ;) )

And all confirm as well, that if they get send a new copy directly from the magazine's HQ that they receive it within 4-5 days (just like an other magazine I've been subscribed to wich got send from the UK).

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81#7476

Marcin himself has acknowledged on this forum there is a problem. But I guess with the arrival of a new editor that has faded away...

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56#300
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:59 am

Hi, for what it is worth....

I remember that I sorted it out with Colin, some years ago now. After that I got my copy within two max. three weeks, wich was OK by me and that went well for some time. However the time to receive my copy is getting longer and longer. In May/June I was in the Speyside and I saw the copies(Issue 40) there already, that must have been around the 2nd of June, now we're a month later and nothing happend so far.

From what I know is that the copies for the European mainland arrive in Belgium. And I think it is just a matter of the distribution network. All I know is that Whisky Magazine(Paragraph Publishers) dispatch them all at the same time to a distribution point and from there it will be spread out to the other countries. My best guess is that the distribution network has failed again....

I'm not sure if the WM can do anything at all about it, perhaps WM can look out for another distributor.

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:58 pm

For your information, I have yet still to receive issue 40. Since our complaints the publishing date has been replaced with the month being mentioned only now, so I have no idea how many weeks have gone past...

Assuming "June" means subscribers in the UK get their copy early June, it looks to me that this issue went over its normal 5-6 week delivery period....
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:16 am

At Saturday the 17th of July my copy from The Whisky Magazine finally arrived at my doorstep. So it took Isseu 40 probably 7 to 8 weeks to get to Holland, while a replacement copy reach your doorstep in just a few days. Wonderful isn't it????

Cheers,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:46 am

I'm afraid to say I still havent received my issue 40 yet...

Not sure wether I should ask for a replacement copy yet, but normally when Erik receives his issue, I notice that mine follows a day later or so..
Last edited by Jeroen Kloppenburg on Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Lawrence » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:07 pm

Issue 40 arrived on the far side of Canada yesterday. :D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:48 pm

I've sent an email to the offices last friday about my still missing issue. As it is more then a week after Huurman got his copy, mine is clearly lost once more...

I have yet had no reply, so I dont know if a replacement copy is underway? Or if my email has been read at all?

Gonna be August soon, and I'm still waiting for the June issue :(

Thanks,
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:36 am

Little update: Today I received issue 41...

But no sign of issue 40 yet. Neither have I received any reply yet on my email or comments on this forum. I hope thats simply due to all being on vacation :(
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Matt2 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:03 pm

I'm not sure what to say at the moment. There are a few people away on holiday and I will bring it up when they get back next week.

Jeroen send me an email on Monday and I will send you issue 40. Glad to see 41 arrived promptly :?
Matt2

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:45 pm

Hey Again,

Today I received the replacement for issue 40. Thanks to Matt for passing this on :)

Now I have two magazines to read this weekend! :)
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm

8)
Matt2

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder