Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Two new Gold Members

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Two new Gold Members

Postby Matt2 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:15 am

We would like to thank Admiral and Lawrence for their continued support and use of these forums, and reaching Gold Member status.

Admiral joined back in Jan 2003 and Lawrence not long after in May 2003. They have both been active and helpful members providing interesting and informative posts.

Keep an eye out for the postman who will be bringing you something nice. 8)
Matt2

Postby Lawrence » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:19 am

Matt, the Glencairn Whisky Magazine glasses arrived today, thank you very much. Also my Issue 43 arrived yesterday via special delivery airmail, thank you as I know you had a hand in that.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Matt2 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:43 am

Great news, I hope your whisky tastes better out of these glasses 8)
Matt2

Postby Frodo » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:22 pm

Congrats to Lawrence, and Admiral. I also would like to send along my hearty congratulations as well as my thanks for your never - ending enthusiasm and generous spirit on this website. Your observations and ideas have helped make this board a place that I look foreward to visiting.

Frodo
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:12 am

Thank you Frodo, those are kind words indeed.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Admiral » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:57 am

My apologies for not responding sooner - this is an area of the forum that I visit less often, so I was not aware Matt had posted his generous comments in this thread.

Truth be told, I enjoy talking about whisky as much as I do drinking it, and I'm tremendously grateful to this forum for facilitating the exchange of ideas, suggestions, questions, polls, and all the wonderful things we discuss, argue, and carry on with.

Thanks to Matt for his great work in keeping the engine running, and of course to all other contributors for this global community of drinking friends.

Frodo - I echo Lawrence's thanks for your kind words. However, I note your extraordinary number of posts contributed in just two and a half months. If there's an acknowledgement for the first person to reach 1000 posts, I suspect Lawrence and I will be sending congratulations to you! :D
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi everyone,
as a newbie to this forum I have noticed the different levels of member (Gold, silver, bronze, new member) against the member names.

Can anyone explain these please, in regards to what they mean or more specifically, how they are awarded.

Many thanks,
WH
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:58 pm

It's all to do with the quality of your posts, they are all judged by a team from Whisky Magazine and industry............. :D just kidding, it's based on the number of your posts, gold members have more than 500 posts and then it goes down from there.

I couldn't find the break down on the site but I know it's here somewhere, I'll keep looking.

Lawrence
Last edited by Lawrence on Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks Lawrence, I suspected it was related to the number but wondered if anything else like time, quality, or whatever also came into the equation.

Regards,
WH
Deactivated Member

Postby Admiral » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:40 am

Ha! If quality came into the equation, most of us would be Copper Members! :wink: :D

Cheers,
Admiral
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby Frodo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:49 am

Lawrence wrote:It's all to do with the quality of your posts, they are all judged by a team from Whisky Magazine and industry.............

Lawrence

Hah! :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:06 am

Admiral wrote:Ha! If quality came into the equation, most of us would be Copper Members! :wink: :D

Cheers,
Admiral

The way my smart-alec quotient is going, I'll be lucky if I reach aluminum!
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:31 pm

Tin! And pewter you, too!

I believe the gold-silver-bronze breakdown is 500-250-100. Obviously no one foresaw the massive mountains of verbiage that have become de rigueur here, and which, in my less-than-humble (and self-justifying) opinion, make this forum far more than just a good place to blether about whisky. Nor did anyone foresee Diz's hundreds of "Sounds good!" and "Thanks!" postings! :P :P :P
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:15 am

Perhaps one day, he'll stop busting my chops...nahhhhh!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:00 am

But your chops are so eminently bustable!

Mark, the work you put into your podcast more than compensates for a few posts of...ah...minor significance. But don't tell anyone I said so! :wink:
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:30 pm

Thanks, Bruce! (This doesn't count as one of those "minor significance" posts, does it?) ;)

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Virginia Gentleman » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:24 pm

When you become a gold member do you get to have your National Anthem played?
Virginia Gentleman
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder