Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Age before beauty

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Age before beauty

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:06 pm

Just re-reading Issue 22.

Bill Lumsden, of Glenmorangie, is sceptical about 12 year olds. He insists that 10 years old is ideal for Glenmorangie.

This is a load of wash. Glenmorangie 12 year old Millenium Malt beats the 10 year old hands down.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:48 pm

Hi Bruce,

I think that Dr Bill Lumsden, looks more to the market in General, I mean their standard bottlings are usually the 10Y old and the 18Y old, and anything apart from that range is an additional Edition to the Glenmorangie Family. After all I guess that's all a matter of personal taste, you love the 12Y very much, I love the 18Y old very much, and perhaps others will walk a way with the 10Y old what's wrong with that? I know what you trying to say, is that the 12Y old is much more popular, and perhaps more sophisticated then the 10Y old, maybe it is so?, and maybe not?, but I think that The Glenmorangie wants to reach all of us, ofcourse that doesn't mean we have to agree all the time with their range.....

Slainte,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:10 pm

I said what I said because the difference between the standard 10 year old and the Millenium Malt 12 yr old is absolutely staggering.

The 12 yr old is fuller in taste and sweeter with a slight metallic hint.

It beats the 10 year old hands down
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder