Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Issue #54

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Still wating...

Postby Muskrat Portage » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:49 am

Scotched wrote:Still waiting.... tap... tap...

Hmmph, Devon must be West of Winnipeg, eh?
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:00 am

Still waiting, it's in Chapters here........... :evil:
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Matt2 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:41 am

If you are waiting for issues of the magazine you MUST call you local subscriptions line and they can deal with it.

US and Canadian publication dates are around 5-6 weeks after UK and Europe.
Matt2

Maybe we should annex Devon?

Postby Muskrat Portage » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:53 pm

Matt Page wrote:If you are waiting ...you MUST call you local subscriptions line ... US and Canadian publication dates are around 5-6 weeks after UK and Europe.

So... what about poor
Scotched in Devon?
He's getting the same mail delays that we get across the pond. Maybe we should annex Devon to Canada, then we get to control the output of Devonshire cream and thereby cream teas! After that... :?:

By the way, quite enjoying my issue here in T.O. where I'm waiting to return north with my offspring on Thursday. I do miss the ice and snow. M.P.
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Scotched » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:37 pm

Just a cottonpickinminute... I received a letter today thanking me for my subscription and telling me that my subscription will start with Issue 56!?!?

Is this a typo? I imagined I would start with the latest mag (Issue 54)

Isn't Issue 56 months away...?
Scotched

Postby Virginia Gentleman » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:20 pm

Scotched wrote:Just a cottonpickinminute... I received a letter today thanking me for my subscription and telling me that my subscription will start with Issue 56!?!?

Is this a typo? I imagined I would start with the latest mag (Issue 54)

Isn't Issue 56 months away...?

This is normal. When I subscribed it was the same way.
Virginia Gentleman
Silver Member

Postby Paul A Jellis » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:57 pm

He's getting the same mail delays that we get across the pond. Maybe we should annex Devon to Canada, then we get to control the output of Devonshire cream and thereby cream teas! After that...

Go for it! My Cornish wife is all for that, Cornwall will, at last, be separated from the rest of Britain!

P.S. I hate to mention it, but, Issue 55 arrived three days ago.

Cheers

Paul
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member

Re: Maybe we should annex Devon?

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:23 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:Maybe we should annex Devon to Canada, then we get to control the output of Devonshire cream and thereby cream teas! After that... :?:

You already have Devon Island, don't you? Isn't that somewhere in your neighborhood, Musky?
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:18 am

Paul A Jellis wrote:Go for it! My Cornish wife is all for that, Cornwall will, at last, be separated from the rest of Britain!

But will the Duchess Seabiscuit approve? ;)

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby parvus » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:29 am

The duchess, you say? Reminds me of the latest Perry Bible Fellowship comic.
parvus
Silver Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:24 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:Maybe we should annex Devon to Canada, then we get to control the output of Devonshire cream and thereby cream teas! After that... :?:

You already have Devon Island, don't you? Isn't that somewhere in your neighborhood, Musky?

Witty, Bruce, witty;
Devon Island... Nunavut - close, probably as close to it as you are to Devils' Island :twisted: Besides, they make whale blubber, not Devonshire cream, which only appeals to a few rugged tourists.
Paul Jellis wrote:P.S. I hate to mention it, but, Issue 55 arrived three days ago. Cheers Paul

Okay, so that's 6 weeks and counting for Canada and as for Devon... well, Scotched - maybe I should send you my copy when I've finished it? Only if we get to annex you. Musky P.
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:05 pm

Whisky Magazine 54
UK - 3rd March
USA - 21st April

Whisky Magazine 55
UK - 14th April
USA - 2nd June

Whisky Magazine 55
UK - 2nd June
USA - 21st July

USA also includes Canadian subscriptions.
UK also includes European subscriptions.

If you have not received your copy within 7 days of these dates then you really need to contact your subscription agents and get a replacement sent out. Details are provided with your subscription letter.

Please note! Posting messages about missing copies in the forum will not get them replaced or resolve the problem.
Matt2

Postby Scotched » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:02 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:Okay, so that's 6 weeks and counting for Canada and as for Devon... well, Scotched - maybe I should send you my copy when I've finished it? Only if we get to annex you. Musky P.

You can have Devon.. Its getting too crowded down hereaparts. Too many people seem to think Devon is some kind of Shangri la... If it ever was, it won't be for long...

I might just move up to Scotland, next to a distillery, somewhere peaceful... They probably get their Whisky magazines early too...
Scotched

Previous

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder