Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Question re: Whsky Mag Site...

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Question re: Whsky Mag Site...

Postby KenBeau » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:08 am

So, since the two polls re: paying for access to this site resulted in a rather obvious "NO" vote, does that mean that the only items to be current are to be the forums and maybe the search features?

I mean, if Issue #53 is still being touted on the site homepage, while I read in the forums that subscribers are receiving Issue #56 as of today, it would appear that any content of issues after #53 that aren't press releases are being left off of here deliberately. Right?

Is that in response to the somewhat recent hacking of the site, or is the publisher deciding to retrench/restrict the site if there is no money to be made (not that making money is a bad thing, necessarily), or is this site being allowed to degenerate into just a forums site?

I'm not a frequent poster here, even though I've been a member for over 2 years, and a subscriber for roughly 4 years, so pardon my ignorance if this has already been discussed.

Anyone??
Bueller? Bueller?...
KenBeau

Postby Matt2 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:29 am

Hi KenBeau,

:shock: You have it all wrong. The reason in the delays in updating the site is because we are working on a new site. Actually I do intend to update the magazine section in the next couple of days - it is then automatically updated from office databases every issue.

Nothing to do with the script kiddie hacker, those things will always happen, just part of running a web site.

No retrench / restrict or degeneration of anything, in fact the opposite with more coming soon (well 6 weeks ish).

Basically please hold on, there are new things in the pipeline (it's just that it is a small pipe). Kind of like a whisky, needs time to mature in the cask before anyone sees it, kicking the cask everynow and then doesnt help :wink:
Matt2

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 am

If the I.T. guys (Mat et al) are saying 6 weeks we can expect it in 9 weeks so :wink:

I know these estimates as I'm one of these I.T. guys too :lol: :lol: :lol:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 am

But you're forgetting the Scotty factor...IT guys and engineers always say it'll take twice as long to get the job done as it actually will. That way, they look great when it comes in ahead of schedule...right, Matt? ;)

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:28 am

LOL, I wish my boss knew how these IT schedules work.
I think the forumla is.....

Time quoted / Workload * ( Random failures + Drams drunk last night ) + New ideas from the boss

:lol:
Matt2

IT humour?

Postby Muskrat Portage » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:42 pm

Matt Page wrote:...I think the forumla is.....

A Frodo ian slip?
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Re: IT humour?

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:
Matt Page wrote:...I think the forumla is.....

A Frodo ian slip?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deactivated Member

Postby Frodo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:25 pm

:?:
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby KenBeau » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Matt, thanks for the clarification!

I had the feeling my asssumption was wrong, but it occurred to me that what I was asking about a "worst case" scenario, and I felt that I had to opine if for no other reason than to get the word from someone "in the know", such as you! 8)

hehehehe....Frodo ian slip... :lol:
KenBeau

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder