Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

whisky live

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

whisky live

Postby robert hammond » Fri May 10, 2002 4:15 pm

Thought Whisky Live was brilliant! Never knew about wood finishes until I tasted them at the Bowmore Masterclass.They all tasted so different but still unmistakenly Islay.and the Bowmore 30 year old was fantastic too. heres to next year!
robert hammond

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun May 12, 2002 10:05 am

I too was at the Bowmore masterclass and found it interesting and extremely enjoyable. This was my first and only masterclass so far, but it won't be the last .Funds permitting I definitely will make the journey from sunny (well it is just now)St Andrews next year. Now can you please remind me ,was the Bowmore 30 the one we never got time to taste at the masterclass and were invited to try it at the stand instead .I recall trying the 25 and finding this a fine tasting whisky. Sadly I never tried the 30 ,going back into that hall was like being a child in a sweetie shop once more.
cheers all.
Deactivated Member

Postby robert hammond » Wed May 15, 2002 7:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hairball:
<B>I too was at the Bowmore masterclass and found it interesting and extremely enjoyable. This was my first and only masterclass so far, but it won't be the last .Funds permitting I definitely will make the journey from sunny (well it is just now)St Andrews next year. Now can you please remind me ,was the Bowmore 30 the one we never got time to taste at the masterclass and were invited to try it at the stand instead .I recall trying the 25 and finding this a fine tasting whisky. Sadly I never tried the 30 ,going back into that hall was like being a child in a sweetie shop once more.
cheers all.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
robert hammond

Postby robert hammond » Wed May 15, 2002 7:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robert hammond:
Thought Whisky Live was brilliant! Never knew about wood finishes until I tasted them at the Bowmore Masterclass.They all tasted so different but still unmistakenly Islay.and the Bowmore 30 year old was fantastic too. heres to next year!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
robert hammond

Postby robert hammond » Wed May 15, 2002 7:57 am

the 30 year old Bowmore was in fact on the stand in the main arena. After the masterclass i went to the Bowmore Stand where there was a gathering of people who seemed to continue their tasting that ran out of time in the masterclass. It was superb!
robert hammond

Postby MattP » Tue May 21, 2002 12:29 pm

You can continue the Whisky Live discussion in the Whisky Live forums.

Please visit the new site now. http://www.whiskylive.com

MattP

Postby Brigid » Wed May 29, 2002 4:22 pm

Along with Matt, I would like to advocate the use of the new Whisky Live forum at www.whiskylive.com - the new improved site! You can even chose a little picture to go with your user identity.

Brigid
Brigid

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:08 pm

Dear Brigid or Marcin,after reading one of your recent magazines I read that you are planning a WhiskyLive for Scotland.Is there any chance of whetting my appetite further,when,where etc.Go on,go on tell me pleeease!!
cheers Livvy
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder