Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenturret

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Glenturret

Postby hawk62 » Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:07 am

When I was in Scotland in May, I stumbled across the Glenturret distillery near Creif. They gave a very nice tour and tasting. They also had a nice shop and I bought a bottle of Glenturret 18 year which I enjoyed very much. Since I have returned, I have not been able to find a source of Glenturret. Does anyone know where I can buy Glenturret 12 year, 15 year or 18 year?

Thanks and regards, Jim
hawk62

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:33 pm

Jim,

Where do you live?, because the availability depends from country to country
I like Glenturret too, very very much, my favorites are the 18Y old and the classic vintage 1966

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby hawk62 » Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:25 pm

I live in Washington state, U.S. Any suggestions as to a source of Glenturret would be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
hawk62

Postby BruceCrichton » Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:20 pm

Whisky shop in San Francisco sells cask strength stuff at www.whiskyshopusa.com
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby hawk62 » Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:04 am

Yes, I have seen that site and a couple of others that have very expensive cask strength Glenturret. I want 12 yr, 15 yr or 18 yr regular strength. (Preferably the 15 yr.)

Thanks and regards, Jim
hawk62

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:59 pm

Jim,

What I mostly do is order it directly from the distillery, perhaps in your case also a very good thing to think of, but I believe that the San Francisco Whisky Shop is also capable to order some Glenturret for you.....

Slainte,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby hawk62 » Tue Aug 28, 2001 4:58 pm

Glenturret doesn't ship to the USA. I only know of one foreign source of whisky that does ship to the USA and they go through a local (US) company. US import regulations for liquor are very cumbersome. I will try a special order from one of the domestic mail order companies.

Thanks and regards, Jim
hawk62

Postby BruceCrichton » Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:37 am

www.dufftown.co.uk

Fiona Murdoch at the whisky shop sends people stuff that they can't get in America.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:56 am

I found that nearly all shops here in Holland can at least order the Glenturret. It usually takes a week or so before the bottle arives there then.
Did you know about 80% of the Glenturret gets saled at the distillery shop? I've been there too, it's a very nice distillery, although maybe indeed a li'll touristic. I heard they recently opened a "Famouse Grouse Experience"? (need I say more? Image)
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Ize » Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:47 pm

Heh, this is what call a real blast from the past ... Image

Kippis,
Ize
Ize
Silver Member

Postby nthorpe » Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:52 am

I was in Gordon& Mcphails recently and I'm sure they said they had some kind of distribution rights whether thats just in the UK?

They have a web site but I don't know the address, also Loch Fynne whisky shop has good prices and range!!!!
nthorpe

Postby Pdubya » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:01 pm

Since starting my love affair with the water of life I have had the truly disappointing experience of attempting to procure whisky here in Arizona by means of other web distributors. Bah! Our local draconian laws are keeping me from acquiring some hard-to-find whiskies.
Most sites won't even let you order, or if they do it's like rolling the dice on whether you actually receive your whisky.

What's a poor yank to do?
Sigh,
Pdubya
Pdubya

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:38 pm

Hi Pdubya,

I have send some stuff too, to the US, and that came in very good.... It depends how you package the goodies...

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby anna zigure » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:11 pm

Hi can you tell me if there is a bakers near the Whisky shop that sells scottish tarts
love
Anna Zigure
anna zigure

Postby anna zigure » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:11 pm

Hi can you tell me if there is a bakers near the Whisky shop that sells scottish tarts
love
Anna Zigure
anna zigure

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:32 pm

Hi anna,

Why buy them, the Scottish tarts? You can bake them your self, wich is not only fun doing it, but also very delicious..

Erik
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder