Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

RENEWAL REMINDER LETTERS

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

RENEWAL REMINDER LETTERS

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:21 pm

Well, my first "URGENT Renewal Reminder" has arrived, despite it being months until my subscription expires. A cheap marketing tactic that is to be deplored.
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:22 am

tis indead. shame shame....
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:31 am

Funny, I somehow let my subscription lapse. I don't know if I didn't get enough renewal reminders, or got too many. A tricky business, I'd say. Well, if multiple renewal reminders bug you, then just respond to the first one and pre-empt all the others. You do intend to renew anyway, don't you?
Deactivated Member

Postby Matt2 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:17 am

It's not a 'cheap marketing tactic' , it is simply keeping you informed of the status of your subscription. You will get one of these two issues before your sub runs out, as WM is only published 8 times a year it may arrive a few months before your expiry date. I'm sure some people here would be the first to shout and complain if we just let your sub expire without telling.
Matt2

Postby les taylor » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:42 am

I'm with you Matt. I would hate to miss out on a single issue. If you pay your money up front. it dosen't matter your still going to get the right number of issues for your money. As some one said to me once if you scratch your nose with your left hand or your right hand it still gets your itch stratched.

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Guess what, my second URGENT renewal reminder arrived today. This is despite the fact that my current subscription includes Issue 62 (yet to be issued) and Issue 63 (also yet to be issued).

More wasted stationery, more wasted postage.
Deactivated Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:52 pm

eelbrook just think of it that they love you dearly and would hate you to miss a single issue. If you renewed just think of the trees you could save. :wink:

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:11 pm

I heard WM is available in UK and US releases. Do any Americans here subscribe from a US source? Basically I am asking is it cheaper to get it from a US? For 1 magazine for me to order from the UK would cost me 22 dollars. I am sure the magazine is fabulous but 22 bucks for a magazine is ridiculous. I can buy a playboy for 5 bucks. :lol:
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder