Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Dutch (or mainland Europe) subscribers got their 28 issue al

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Dutch (or mainland Europe) subscribers got their 28 issue al

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:55 pm

The topic says it all, anyone in Holland or Europe got their 28 issue already? Still havent seen mine here..
Kinda s*cks to see people discussing the articles in the forum's, and you are still left i the dark. Especially since you know all the articles are ready online to be read too....
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:25 pm

Hi Jeroen,

I haven't received Issue 28 yet. I have spoken to Colin Wilshire and he said that the magazine should be arrive on my doorstep by the end of next week, but I think that it is going to be another phone call to Paragraph Publishers.
Keep me posted when you reveived yours!

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:58 pm

Will do..

I think this is so weird.. WM isnt exactely a cheap magazine, so why the shipping is like this is a mystery to me. For normal shipping it shouldnt be more thewn ~ 4 days from UK to Holland.

I have asked this question several times now, but never gotten a answer. I DO know it already costed WM several subscribers.

Two friends of mine did not subscribe, after they saw from me it would take this long, while the articles are all online on this website.
To be honoust, I feel the same. I know all the articles are online on this site for me to read already, but yet I have to wait for weeks.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Nikwik » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:43 am

Issue 28 haven´t arrived in Sweden as well. Another odd thing is that it can normally be found in the shop in Sweden the day before it arrives to me, a subscriber...

I subscribe to a few magazines but WM is the only one whichs seems to take several weeks from UK to Stockholm and where I can find the current issue in the shop before it´s on my doorstep...
Nikwik

Postby Marcin Miller » Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:10 am

One of the reasons I have appointed Dominic Roskrow as Editor is so I can concentrate more fully on improving our efficiency - particularly in areas such as distribution.
Marcin Miller

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:03 pm

Finally, I have received Issue 28 today. So I can catch up with the "old News"...

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Nikwik » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:59 pm

So have I..!
Nikwik

Postby scotspain » Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:27 pm

Still not got in Denmark!

Stig
scotspain

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:35 pm

SO Erik Huurman got his copy yestreday (also in Holland), and I still do not have it.. Image

I am getting really dissapointed this way in WM Marcin Miller, I hope you understand that.

It's almost a punishment to subscribe for the magazine, since non-subscribers can go read the articles here on the site right away (I could do too ofcourse, but whats the subscription good for then).

I'd really like to have this solved soon, and if that is not possible, is there a way for a refund and cancellation of my subscription? I'd rather print the articles out on the site and carry them where ever I want to read them.

(like I said in another thread, you already lost 2 subscribers who saw here at my place how long it takes, and they decides to just go read the articles from the website)

[This message has been edited by Jeroen Kloppenburg (edited 14 December 2002).]
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:08 pm

Hi Jeroen,

Contact Colin Wilshire, and make sure that your adress has been spelled right. In mine case they had the wrong postal code all the time, so I was very lucky sometimes that the mailman was forwarding it to me.
But I agree, you have to wait for a very long time to get your Issue, the reason I stayed, is that I don't have to travel to other places to pick up a magazine, wich means you have to spend money on fuel and spend some time to get one, to avoid all these troubles, I probably stay with my subscribtion.

Good Luck,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:47 pm

He just replied per email, and given the gonnaCheckAdress/issue28Sent reply.

Cant wait and wonder how long issue 29 will take =)

Still weird you got your issue last friday, and mine havent arrived yet :\
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:57 pm

Hi Jeroen,

They are going to send you a replacement copy? didn't they? Because your replacement will arrive much quicker then the subscribtion one. I can't wait too, how long Issue 29 will take. Lets hope for the best...

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:18 pm

I know Image My replacement issue took 4-5 days the last time as well. So it IS possible to send them quick. Colin emailed me saying they ship the subscription issues with airmail blah blah and that the problem can not be there (which I think by now is proven it cant be the case, showing my, and your replacement issues arrive much quicker).

I guess my replacement issue will be here friday or so, and (I bet) tommorow or the day after that my original issue will drop on the doormat.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Olivier » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:22 pm

Got mine today only - French post....
Olivier

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:35 pm

I got my issue today Colin sent to me last monday (so like the expected 4-5 days it would take).
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:11 pm

Finally, Jeroen is able to enjoy the "old news" stories. Hopefully Issue 29 will arrive in time, for the both of us. It's very silly that a replacement copy only take 4-5 days and a subscription copy takes its time, and shows up when ever it desires to come to your mail box.

I think a warm thank you is on its place for Colin Wilshire, because he allways does his very best(together with his collegues) to get what you asked for... Thanks Colin.

Slainte,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Marc Segers » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:56 pm

Hi Jeroen and Erik,

its now 13-01-03 and still Image haven't got my issue 28 in Belgium. I don't know what todo anymore.

Marc
Marc Segers

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:09 pm

The last email conversation I had with Colin Wilshire was that he told me he cant take things further, and will pass it to Marcin Miller.

Oh, and Colin also told me there are no shipping problems, and categoricaly dismissing my problems, and the only problem Huurman had was his postal code was not correct, which is fixed now.

All I see is Huurman's reaction on this board, as well as others, where he says his issues take a long time, and replacements issues arive within 1 week. I dont know why we keep being told there is no problem here.

I love the magazine, but this is kinda silly. I hope Marcin Miller will be able to solve things...

[This message has been edited by Jeroen Kloppenburg (edited 13 January 2003).]
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:30 pm

Hi Jeroen,

They should change the mailorder carriers, instead of our TPG Post here in the Netherlands. This is crazyness you know...

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Oliver » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:36 pm

Hi all:

If this makes you feel any better, issue 28 has not reached the US newstands yet...
Oliver
Silver Member

Postby Hendriks » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:38 am

Here's another not so happy dutch client!!!

The last 3 issues had to be replaced as they didn't arrive.I found out the magazine is send through a dutch adress and doesn't make it to my door .
Everytime i had to mail Alison Lamour for a replacement wich i got within two days(yes it can be done)
Soon number 29 , maybe thistime it will come in time!!!!
What's is wrong with Dutch readers?

Dennis
Hendriks

Postby Hendriks » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:07 pm

Well no number 29 yet!!!!!
anybodyelse waiting?
It's a shame i have to read the articles from the website instead of my expensive magizine at home.

Dennis
Hendriks

Postby Hendriks » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:26 pm

Well issue no 29 is in the shops in Holland but no where near my doormat. What's wrong!!!!
It's not fun anymore.

Dennis
Hendriks

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:36 pm

What was the release date again?

I remember I know thinking it would be here about ~ 10th february, taking the delay into account.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Hendriks » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:00 pm

Why 15 days after the release date? The shops got it allready.Even my last (3)replacements made it after two days(it can be done).

Dennis
Hendriks

Postby Marcin Miller » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:17 am

I can understand your concern. I have yet to find where the system is breaking down - all I know is that is doesn't seem to be working as well as it might.

Bear with me.

As soon as Whisky Live is out of the way, this is my very top priority!

M
Marcin Miller

Postby scotspain » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:00 pm

Thank you,

please notice that the problem is not isolated to the Netherlands.
I have still not received the latest issue here in Denmark
Stig

[This message has been edited by scotspain (edited 04 February 2003).]
scotspain

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:13 pm

I know there is a problem, what ticked me off a little is that Colin was insisting there is no problem at all though, and that he "couldnt take things further". Even keep on explaining other subscribers did not had any problems, while those users in turn explain on this site they *do* still have problems.

I'm glad Marcin said now he will look into the problem. I love the magazine, nothing beats having the paper issue, and sit besides the fireplace, with a glass of excellent SM enjoying the articles and photo's.

Can't wait to see the next issue comming in, whenever the postal gods allow it comming in Image
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder