Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

issue 59 taste review questions

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

issue 59 taste review questions

Postby mdski » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:56 pm

I posted a request for some info on the tasting review in issue # 59 at the Questions and Answers Forum, but have gotten no reply.The info needed would have to be supplied by someone who works for Whisky Magazine.Does any one from the WMag. visit these forums or do I have to try contacting them directly?
Perplexed,
mdski
mdski

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:31 pm

Various WM people are modeerators on this forum, so yes, they do visit the discussions constantly.

MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:37 pm

If you're in a hurry it might be faster to contact them directly.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby les taylor » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:38 pm

You could always ask nicely and say " Please ".

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Rob Allanson » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:44 pm

les taylor wrote:You could always ask nicely and say " Please ".

:)

That works for me...

whats the question Mdski?
Rob Allanson
Editor

Postby bernstein » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:32 am

Rob Allanson wrote:...whats the question Mdski?

Okay, I'm playing nice guy here and'll help Mdski to get on the track:

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:54 pm Post subject: Issue # 59 New releases tastings

So ,all my questions related to whiskies will be answered here?

In Issue # 59,The Tastings,Arthur and Dave tasted The Rittenhouse 21 yr.Single Barrel. Their individual scores varied from 8.5 to 6.75.
I know they probably never saw the actual bottle,being sent an unmarked sample bottle.I loved my bottle of Rittenhouse 21(barrel # 22).But I also know,thanks to Jim Murray,that there are 31 barrels and an equal amount of bottlings.
My question to Whisky Magazine is,what barrel was tasted by Arthur and Dave.The barrel # is marked on the back label along with the bottle #.Who at Whisky Magazine has the task of rebottling the entries and sending them on to the reviewers?Do/did they record the specific info from the bottles ? Also in the future,when reviewing bottles that are single cask/barrel or small batch ,could the cask/barrel or batch info be included?
Any and all info will be appreciated.
Thanks,
MDski
bernstein
Gold Member

Postby Rob Allanson » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:42 pm

bernstein wrote:My question to Whisky Magazine is,what barrel was tasted by Arthur and Dave.The barrel # is marked on the back label along with the bottle #.Who at Whisky Magazine has the task of rebottling the entries and sending them on to the reviewers?Do/did they record the specific info from the bottles ? Also in the future,when reviewing bottles that are single cask/barrel or small batch ,could the cask/barrel or batch info be included?
Any and all info will be appreciated.
Thanks,
MDski[/i]

Thanks for that. Sorry about getting back to you sometimes I dont see everything on the forums.
The answer is that sometimes when we receive a small batch/cask/barrel such as Rittenhouse 21 we often only get sample bottles ourselves which do not contain all the info you get on a normal bottle. This is because there is, by its very nature, not much spirit to share around and we only get what we need so there is more out there for you guys to drink.
I take your point and it is something we can look at in the future when we have small batch tastings.
Glad you like the Rittenhouse - am a big fan of it myself as well.
Rob Allanson
Editor

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder