Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

T shirts

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

T shirt designs

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:48 am

Hmmm,
I have been known to put pen to paper on occasion, perhaps I should touch base with Matt about sketching something out. Also Bruce is talented in his novel style as well. Perhaps we could brainstorm something up ...baksheesh. Matt? Bruce?
Peter
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:38 am

I think that's a great idea. See all that can happen when the youth of Canada get involved?

LOL I want 1% of all t shirt sales and an article printed in the magazine commenting on my brilliant idea. I'd laso like a free bottle of Highland Park 18 and a year's subscription of the magazine. Or anything I can get for free. :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:26 am

Hear that, Musky? You're one of the youth of Canada!

Actually, I'd like something very simple--the words "Whisky Magazine", as they appear at the upper left of this page, on a black shirt, possibly with the www. I'd also like anything I can get free.
Deactivated Member

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:56 am

No Mr T, I am the youth of Canada. It was my idea for this magazine to come out with some t shirts and you have repeatedly tried to give other people the credit for my idea. toss off It's MY idea, mine, not yours, this is my brainchild. Get your own Brainchild.

I for one would like a shirt with a bit more than just WM in the top left and the www. I want to see some ideas here and if Muskrat could submit some of his own artistic creations that would be great. Of course he will have to sign a waiver declaring that his designs are public property and relinquish all rights to them. I daresay I can't imagine the magazine forking over any of the profits etc being it's a British magazine and all that. Don't get me wrong I love haggis and Longshanks in BraveHeart was just great. Hell I even have a welsh dragon flag and I am a good Catholic like the Irish IRA ppl.

The main thing is to get ideas flowing here people. I'm going to throw some pork strips on some toast and add a bucket of mayonnaise for din din.

This was a stressful day and in the morning I ran out of deodorant so I had to spray some cologne on a bit of margarine and use that.
Then I had to indure the vacuous ramblings of some monobrowed cretin sitting next to me on the bus. Boy what a nut that guy was. A typical 20 watt bulb in a 60 watt world.

I think I will go to the scottish delicatessen and pick up some haggis tomorrow too.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:07 am

Elagabalus wrote:Get your own Brainchild.

Okay. Get your own brain, child, too! 8)
Deactivated Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:52 pm

I've got a bright idea.....
How about combining this thread and the wayward "Issue 61" thread and do a t-shirt for the highest posters with ........

"I've got nothing better to do all day than post on the Whisky Magazine Forum ! "

or

"I've got nothing better to do at the office than post on the Whisky Magazine Forum ! "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shouldn't have posted that ....some might take it the wrong way..... :wink:
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Choochoo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Spirit of Islay wrote:I've got a bright idea.....
How about combining this thread and the wayward "Issue 61" thread and do a t-shirt for the highest posters with ........

"I've got nothing better to do all day than post on the Whisky Magazine Forum ! "

or

"I've got nothing better to do at the office than post on the Whisky Magazine Forum ! "

:oops: LOL! I'd say at least 95% of my posts are done while sitting at my desk in the office.

I can't tell you how jealous I am when sitting here with 3, 4, 5,.. hours left in my day before I can go home, and seeing new posts popping up in the "What Are You Drinking Now" thread. Great, I'm sitting here pouring over excel spreadsheets while someone on the other side of the world is relaxing with a fine dram - it makes me want to re-examine the choices I've made in life. :?

But, I guess as the saying goes, "it's 5:00 somewhere".
Choochoo
Silver Member

Postby MGillespie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Matt Page wrote:We do have polo shirts and fleece jackets with the WM logo, but they are reserved for staff working at the shows. Can't have everyone wandering around Whisky Live looking like they work there :)

Cafepress is quick and easy solution, will look into it and see if design want to come up with some styles.

Who's ya daddy :roll:

Wait a second...why aren't you guys wearing Whisky Live shirts and jackets at the shows...that way, the WM logo gear could be available for sale???

See, back on topic again! ;)

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby rthomson » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:52 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:
Matt's suggestions remind me of all those tourist t-shirts I saw in Victoria (and many other places) that I stop to read, but would never buy.

Like that one that simply read, "You'll do." I have to admit I laughed more than I should have when I saw that one. I had no interest in buying or wearing it so it doesn't help this thread any.

Ron
rthomson
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:42 am

Maybe I should copyright this first, but how about a tee shirt that reads:
GOT PEAT?! (Or has someone already suggested that??)
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby TheLiquorBaron » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:26 am

I have one...I have one :D

But it's copyrighted and only to be used on whiskymag clothing...

"I take my cereal Distilled!" or "I prefer my cereal Distilled!"

:D :D
TheLiquorBaron
Bronze Member

Postby Elagabalus » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:51 am

I think Got Peat is taken. If you go to http://www.cafepress.com and enter "single Malt" into the search thingie you will see it come up.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:22 am

They've "Got Scotch?" but no Peat, unless I missed it.
Di Blasi

Postby martin grant » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:55 pm

Elagabalus wrote: I bet you like that white zinfandel don't ya??

What's wrong with white zinfandel?
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Nothing if you're a woman.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:54 pm

Elagabalus: I try to resist feeding trolls, but I will not stand by and see bigoted comments go unchallenged. If you think that calling someone a woman is an insult then I think that speaks volumes about your lack of maturity.

Matt, I think we have put up with this poisonous troll for long enough. Please make him go away.
Deactivated Member

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:55 pm

Elagabalus wrote:Nothing if you're a woman.

Non-wine drinking men drink that stuff too!!
Di Blasi

Postby MGillespie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:05 pm

El, can I refer you to your earlier statement:

"Then I had to indure the vacuous ramblings of some monobrowed cretin sitting next to me on the bus. Boy what a nut that guy was. A typical 20 watt bulb in a 60 watt world."

Could I please remind you that we all have our own individual tastes, and there's no need to ridicule them. White Zinfandel is not necessarily a "woman's drink", just as whisky is not necessarily a "man's drink". There are a few women in this forum who are quite well respected for their knowledge and love of whisky.

In short, please ease up just a bit on the snide and rude comments.

Thanks!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:26 pm

I mentionned the other day in a thread I started to please not comment on my thread if you dislike whisky cocktails.

Someone responded by saying once a thread is made it becomes "public property." I am a member of the public.

Drrich1965 wrote:
Most forums discourage political debates, unless they are political forums.....not sure the culture here..

"Just about anything goes round here, politics, religion, health, work and sometimes whisky." Matt Page

I certainly do think White Zinfandel is a woman's drink. If you think otherwise that is certainly your right. I stated my opinion and you can state yours. If you don't like my opinion that's tough tittie ain't it?

You can label me a troll all you like. I have been called far worse, by far better.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:26 am

Matt I would like to add my voice to many of my colleagues here. Is it possible that you can look back at this characters posts, the effect that they have on the tone of conversation. Also the effect that they have on individuals because of the aggressive, rude and vulgar way that they are made. Without any manners or regard to respect for others.

The question has to be asked and then answered will the moderator's take any action? If not then as individual's we take action by ignoring this character's threads and post.

I have to say that I have not seen anything like this since my time here. I was a regular reader of posts before I joined this forum to see what sort of place it was. Something needs to be done about this.

les. :shock:
les taylor

Postby Elagabalus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:46 am

Les, get over yourself. I am free to state any opinion I like as long as it isn't against another person.

White Zinfandel is for women. This is my opinion, if you don't like it I'll meet you behind the portable after school.

What the mods should do is count how often you make threads go off topic with your inflammatory rhetoric.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:39 am

Elagabalus wrote:White Zinfandel is for women. This is my opinion, if you don't like it I'll meet you behind the portable after school.

Yea, white zinfandel is for women, as must be your experience Elagabalus. Sorry to hear that.
Instead, I like to think of men and women being completely individual in their decision as to what they like and choose to drink. Example, a "white zinfandel looking woman" came in tonight and enjoyed a "man's drink," yup, whisky! And she didn't just have one, she had a few. And then her friend came in shortly after her, and also ordered a whisky! And I have served many a man white zinfandel!! Big tough men like you!
Di Blasi

Postby TheLaddie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 am

Elagabalus wrote:I am free to state any opinion I like as long as it isn't against another person.

C'mon E. The folks above have a point. Your posts can be very entertaining, articulate and you raise some very good points at times. But dude, you gotta leave Mr Hyde at home. Everyone else is as entitled to their opinions as you are.

It would be a shame if Matt had to act cos your calm reasonable alter ego is a fun guy to have around.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:21 am

I think white zinfandel is a woman's drink. Why do so many people here care what I think?

I am certainly entitled to think that white zinfandel is a woman's drink.
I will not be thrown off the forum for stating my opinion.

I am not harassing anyone by stating my opinion. I am being harassed for stating an opinion which you people obviously disagree with.

Matt Page will you please ban so and so because they disagree with me and think white zinfandel is as much a man's drink as it is a woman's. Then get me a lolipop.

And I know people here agree with me that I may state any opinion I like and that I am hardly a troll for doing so. I wish that these people would speak up rather than hide in the shadows. There are almost 3000 registered users.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Paul A Jellis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:58 am

I'd just like to come out of the shadows and say it's the other guy on the bus that I feel sorry for.
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:29 am

Well this topic has just about been killed off so I will lock it now. And the people who could have organised some t-shirts took one look at this mess, laughed and walked away.

If things don't calm down and return to chat about whisky with out the bitching then it will become a moderated forum.
Matt2

Previous

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder