Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

My life can start again

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

My life can start again

Postby r900p » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:51 pm

Fianlly got round to sorting my subscription again, just have to wait for issue 63, urm now all i have to do is decide what to buy to celebrate.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Rob next time do it when the first reminder comes. It removes all stress from your life, and you can spend more time on the good things. Whats your budget for your well deserved treat?

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:35 pm

Alas, I went out the other day to look for #61, and failed. in the past, if I've gone out to find a number when it first appears on this page, I usually find the previous number, so I wasn't too worried. I am now. Better re-up soon. Who needs the stress?

Just got back from my annual physical exam, and remarkably, despite the above, my blood pressure is 130/78. The doctor was impressed with my 40-pound weight loss, too. 8) He still thinks I drink too much.... :cry:
Deactivated Member

Postby r900p » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:38 pm

i stopped the subscirption with being away from home at times and the ability of being able to get my mag until recently, since 61 my local newsagents haven't got it, so i've subscribed again.

My budget is around forty, possibly lowland, my tastebuds haven't been there yet.
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:53 pm

Rob howabout Auchentoshan Threewood. Just superb. Or a Southern Highlander Glengoyne 17 an ace. Both with change from £40.

les.

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm

I have a spare copy of #59 but that's the only duplicate I have left.

Rob,
If you fancy a really good and typical lowlander then I can do no more than recommend the G&M Bladnoch that I have now used three times in various whisky events.
It has always been well received, especially by people who had never encountered the typically light, floral character that these whiskies can exhibit.
If you want a very UNtypical (now waiting for Mr. Picky to remind me that should have been A-Typical :P ) lowlander, then I would heartily recommend the Auchentoshan 3 Wood.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Mr Picky is having a nap just now (shh!), but I will concur with your recommendation of Bladnoch generally--I think it a most worthy drop.
Deactivated Member

Postby TheLaddie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:37 am

Still a few bottles of the latest disgorgement of Rosebank Flora and Fauna 12yo about at about £40 on the internet. A lovely dram and the first Lowlander I have really loved.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:42 am

TL, I will concur with your recommendation of Rosebank--I think it a most worthy drop.
Deactivated Member

Postby r900p » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:54 am

Thanks for your reply guys, bladnoch i think it will be. I have to wait for issue 63 to receive my first mag, why is this when the next one is 62?
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby blewis » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:48 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:Alas, I went out the other day to look for #61, and failed. in the past, if I've gone out to find a number when it first appears on this page, I usually find the previous number, so I wasn't too worried. I am now. Better re-up soon. Who needs the stress?

Just got back from my annual physical exam, and remarkably, despite the above, my blood pressure is 130/78. The doctor was impressed with my 40-pound weight loss, too. 8) He still thinks I drink too much.... :cry:

Hey you!!!

Just got on line (for another reason)but noticed your note about blood pressure and weight loss. Don't know when the date this info was posted, but was just wondering how you were doing and let me know your secrets. :angel: I got on line originally to find out about a Cutty Sark Water Pitcher that I have had for a very long time. Don't know anything about it and was wondering if anyone did. Anyway let me know if you do (pitcher or weight loss secrets, I'll take what I can get)

blewis

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:00 am

Can't help you with the water pitcher, but here is my weight loss regime:

1) Drink plenty of beer and whisky, and

2) spend all of the rest of your time on the treadmill.

I got down to -50 pounds from my top weight, but have backslid a little bit recently--I've found it very hard to get into the gym this summer, being very busy at work. Trying to hold on until winter, when I will take aim at my goal of -60.

My blood pressure has always been good, perhaps thanks to 1) above.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder