Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

MAGAZINE LIKES & DISLIKES

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Postby Dangerous_Dave » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:31 pm

I enjoy reading Whisky and Food, I think it's a fascinating topic having discovered a few combinations myself before I subscribed to WM. I would agree on the cocktails section and music & whisky - pretty boring. I also confess to skim reading most articles about Bourbon - it just doesn't interest me.
Dangerous_Dave

Postby martin grant » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:37 pm

Great magazine, one I really enjoy :thumbsup:

To improve, I would love to read more about the wonderful world of cocktails and whisky / food pairings. More profiles of smaller distilleries would also be great.

I also wouldn't miss the whisky / music articles
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby Quaichuser » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:00 pm

I am a new subsciber and have only read issues 62 and 63 ( which just arrived 2 weeks ago :wink:
I have so far found both issues entirely facinating.
The question here is the popularity of the whisky and music, whisky cocktails and whisky & food.
Being a music collector, the whisky and music section does interest me but I gather that the perhaps after a number of issues the connection is a bit tenuous. Perhaps the column has run it's course for now and could edited into a compilation for every 3rd or 4th issue.

Whisky cocktails are interesting and it may indeed serve as a way to attract new fans. Apart from a good Rusty Nail it doesn't appeal to me (It's always a good way to make a bad bar blend more tolerable)
That said..the denizens of this forum are pretty much single malt purists. As long as nobody is making their cocktails with 25yr old Macallan :lol: I say live and let live.

Whisky and food...as member of one of the groups that Lawrence mentioned, I find that whisky and food when properly paired go very well together. ( I love my Lagavullin with venison) So the whisky and food section is of great interest to me. Whisky is a lot like wine, the right food can bring out distintive characters of the whisky that aren't there on its own.

A wise man once said " We only go around once in this life, why not enjoy all that it has to offer." ( It may have our own Mr T.) :wink:
Quaichuser
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:26 am

Quaichuser wrote:A wise man once said " We only go around once in this life, why not enjoy all that it has to offer." ( It may have our own Mr T.) :wink:

The way I remember it is "You only go around once in life, so you've got to grab for all the gusto you can get." Now you know I'm old enough to remember Schlitz commercials.

(The inference that I am a wise man is rather startling....)
Deactivated Member

Postby Quaichuser » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:
Quaichuser wrote:A wise man once said " We only go around once in this life, why not enjoy all that it has to offer." ( It may have our own Mr T.) :wink:

The way I remember it is "You only go around once in life, so you've got to grab for all the gusto you can get." Now you know I'm old enough to remember Schlitz commercials.

(The inference that I am a wise man is rather startling....)

Would "eriudite" sit better with you. Woudn't want things to go to your head. :lol:
Quaichuser
Bronze Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder