Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

For Dave in Vancouver

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

For Dave in Vancouver

Postby CJ » Thu May 08, 2003 8:46 am

Summer time is upon us...meaning the rainy season for us in Saigon anyway...and the next meeting of like minded individuals to celebrate natures gift to us.

We've been busy around the planet over the last few weeks and have collected several interesting new malts. I couldn't wait until this Saturday and cracked open the 1977 Ardbeg...wow! I also got a 1975 Ardbeg as a birthday present, but am scared to open it.

How's Vancouver? Hope the club is gathering strength, as our one seems to be.

CJ
CJ

Postby WestVanDave » Sat May 10, 2003 3:46 am

HI CJ - thanks for the note...and congratulations on the Ardbeg. But really - there's nothing to be afraid of with a bottle of '75 Ardbeg (except finding the bottom - without a replacement in sight!!!).

The West Coast Whisky Society has had one formal tasting (in March, as I believe I had mentioned) - and informally 7 of our membership attended a great tasting evening last week: Mark Reynier of Bruichladdich / Murray McDavid fame was in town and held two sessions at a local pub - The Irish Heather. Very enjoyable and a great fleet of Islay's. As much as I am a true lover of all things Ardbeg, Bowmore and Lagavulin - Mark tells a wonderful tale of the Bruichladdich quest for purity. (Jim McEwan was supposed to be leading this session - but an ailing hip kept him from travelling to Vancouver.) Many of our group are clearing their schedules for a trip to Islay!!!

We have another session scheduled for June, the theme of which has not been determined - but I have a feeling it may be leaning towards the 'Laddie!!! I'll keep you posted...

If you've ever been to Vancouver - you'd know that it's always the rainy season here. All the best for summer in Saigon and for your budding club.

Dave.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat May 24, 2003 3:44 pm

Hi Dave in Vancouver, Lawrence in Victoria, how's your Club doing?
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder