Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Not enough whisky reviews from Jacko and Broomoo

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Not enough whisky reviews from Jacko and Broomoo

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:33 pm

Just a quick thing to the magazine....

I have learnt to trust and cheerish the marks out of 10 for new whiskies in your magazine.

The only thing is... there aren't enough whiskies tried.. can we have more ?

Also, why cant we have more editions for the year. I will gladdly pay for more editions. 7/8 weeks is toooooooooooooo long.

We love your magazine, we just want more !

yours in whisky

adogranonthepitch
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby WestVanDave » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:04 am

Just to add to acaninecanteredonthecourse's comments (sorry - couldn't resist) - might I suggest that these wonderful reviews/tasting notes would benefit from the addition of dates - to serve several purposes...1) to give an idea of the compar-ablility of the review to current stock on the shelves...and 2) to assist in somehow knowing if and when new (and possibly improved) notes have been added???

I have found a few examples where the same scotch has been reviewed more than once - and can't distinguish between the reviews - nor can I determine if the upgrade/downgrade in opinion is relevant to new/old versions of the scotch being judged - or an indication of the human element and other planetary influences at play.

Cheers, Dave.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder