Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Well Dave the postie has been. No Bills and Issue 69. Woo Hoo.


Image

:)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby woodhill » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Oh Great I hope mine is there. I shall phone home and see!3
User avatar
woodhill
Gold Member
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby MrIntrepid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Great - is it just me or have the last three issues arrived at quite short intervals? 67 came out in Nov, 68 in Dec and 69 in Jan. Has the magazine gone monthly, is there something they are not telling us about? Not that I am complaining :D
MrIntrepid
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Cirencester, UK

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby martin grant » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:14 pm

My copy has arrived as well.
Look forward to reading it over the weekend, especially the cocktail article
martin grant
Gold Member
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: perthshire

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Paul A Jellis » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:29 pm

My copy was also delivered today, no chance to look at it yet.
User avatar
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Bedfordshire, England

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby mattbuty » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Yay! I am officially a whisky nerd, and have my name in print to prove it!!! 8)

Next stop keeper of the quaich!!! :P

Well done to the others, also, you were far less glib than I was. :thumbsup:
User avatar
mattbuty
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Location: Crewe, Cheshire

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:33 pm

Now you all just stop spoiling it for the kids. I was tickled that my Issue 68 arrived this past Thursday, ahead of the March 2008 on the banner! Until now that is.

Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:20 am

I'm tickled pink to hear I'm in there, thanks for letting us know Collector57! I just got my issue #68 delivered, when my brother came for a weekend visit tonight. I'll have to get him to mail me this new issue, or subscribe!! Gonna have to subscribe is what I'm gonna have to do, cause he'll get tired quick of hunting it out for me I'm sure. :mrgreen: :thumbsup:
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:Now you all just stop spoiling it for the kids. I was tickled that my Issue 68 arrived this past Thursday, ahead of the March 2008 on the banner! Until now that is.
Musky

...And I am now officially confused! Issue 67 just arrived today, delay courtesy of Canada Post I would assume, a week after issue 68 arrived. There isn't much use complaining to them as they'll just get in a snit and go on strike again!

Muskrat Portage
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Lawschooldrunk
Do I seem to remember the term "Going Postal" originated with you guys? Talk about a 'snit".
:D
If issue 69 appears next week I will be beyond being confused, and will have a lot of reading to catch up on!
Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Yes, going postal even reached Norway, as in people understand what is meant by it.
When is Matt going to update the pages so we can at least have a sneak peak? It might be awhile til I get my issue... :D
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Matt2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:24 pm

keyboard_bash.gif


:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt2
 

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Good one Matt. But you've still got your toes. Don't give up yet.

:)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby vitara7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:42 pm

seen this issue in whsmith at the gyle in edinburgh, not read it yet this month as now it comes in a plastic sleeve id have to buy it to read it. :P
vitara7
Double Gold Member
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:54 am
Location: central scotland

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby woodhill » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:05 pm

vitara7 wrote:seen this issue in whsmith at the gyle in edinburgh, not read it yet this month as now it comes in a plastic sleeve id have to buy it to read it. :P


well obviously with the new centrefold it has to. V7. :lol:
User avatar
woodhill
Gold Member
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Awesome Matt! You deserve/need a nice whisky!!! :thumbsup:
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Matt2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Better late than never.... :dead:
Matt2
 

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby woodhill » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Good Evening Matt!
User avatar
woodhill
Gold Member
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:42 am

Yes indeed, better late than never, thanks Matt!
Now to see if I can get a copy, still looking into a subscription....
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:56 am

DiBlasi:
Uhmmm, did you look here yet?
http://www.whiskymag.com/subscribe/
?????

:D :D :D

Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Cody » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:25 am

How far behind are the states once it's released? Looking forward to my first issue!
Cody
New member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:10 am

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks Muskrat! I've looked at that but am wondering if I'll also be reporting how long it's taking for it to arrive like others around here? The post here is quik, I've gotten things to and from the US in 4 days! I'll wait a bit longer to decide, but I am headed towards a subscription.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Di Blasi wrote:Thanks Muskrat! I've looked at that but am wondering if I'll also be reporting how long it's taking for it to arrive like others around here? The post here is quik, I've gotten things to and from the US in 4 days! I'll wait a bit longer to decide, but I am headed towards a subscription.



Come on Jonathan you know it makes sense. I've had a subscription since Issue no 39 and never regretted it.

:)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:37 pm

les taylor wrote:
Di Blasi wrote:Thanks Muskrat! I've looked at that but am wondering if I'll also be reporting how long it's taking for it to arrive like others around here? The post here is quik, I've gotten things to and from the US in 4 days! I'll wait a bit longer to decide, but I am headed towards a subscription.



Come on Jonathan you know it makes sense. I've had a subscription since Issue no 39 and never regretted it.

:)


Thanks Les, it does make sense indeed! I'll do it, give me a few days. Thanks for the needed push.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 am

Cody wrote:How far behind are the states once it's released? Looking forward to my first issue!
If you check some of the posting for each issue, (ie: "Issue 65 is out", Issue 66 is out" etc) you'll see it's around 4 to 6 weeks, depending on where you are in North America.

It's about 6 weeks or longer here in my part of Canada, but that can be laid squarely on Canada Post as my last issue arrived before the previous issue did.

Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:20 am

Di Blasi wrote:Thanks Muskrat! I've looked at that but am wondering if I'll also be reporting how long it's taking for it to arrive like others around here? ....
...and why should you be any different from the rest of us foreigners? Half the fun is waiting for Postman Bob to show up at the door knowing full well that you are the last one to get your issue.

Besides, look at all the great "free stuff" we get for being subscribers! Whisky samples, back rubs, free meal vouchers, invitations to whisky parties to meet all the "right people" and access to the special areas on the WM Forums that others don't get to see. (oops, sorry Matt, I wasn't supposed to mention that was I?)

Sadly, the above paragraph is a dream that will never happen. :cry:
:D :D :D

I'll give you a couple of days and then harrass you a bit Johnathan.

Muskrat Portage
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:54 am

Keep on me Muskrat, I'm gonna do it, promise! I just wonder which issue will be my first?? Will they shoot out the current #69, (I don't have it and I need it!) or wait til the next?
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:24 am

Di Blasi wrote:Keep on me Muskrat, I'm gonna do it, promise! I just wonder which issue will be my first?? Will they shoot out the current #69, (I don't have it and I need it!) or wait til the next?

So?
Did you "bite the bullet", yet?
:D
Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:55 am

Muskrat Portage wrote:
Di Blasi wrote:Keep on me Muskrat, I'm gonna do it, promise! I just wonder which issue will be my first?? Will they shoot out the current #69, (I don't have it and I need it!) or wait til the next?

So?
Did you "bite the bullet", yet?
:D
Musky


Not yet Musky, been too busy the past few days diverting money towards new whisky! But it's on the list of things to do, and hopefully I'll get to it later today! It will be done!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Di Blasi wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:
Di Blasi wrote:Keep on me Muskrat, I'm gonna do it, promise! I just wonder which issue will be my first?? Will they shoot out the current #69, (I don't have it and I need it!) or wait til the next?

So?
Did you "bite the bullet", yet?
:D
Musky


Not yet Musky, been too busy the past few days diverting money towards new whisky! But it's on the list of things to do, and hopefully I'll get to it later today! It will be done!



So Jonathan have you done it yet?


:)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby woodhill » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:27 pm

les taylor wrote:
So Jonathan have you done it yet?


:)


Les

Are you on commision?

:lol:
User avatar
woodhill
Gold Member
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:37 pm

woodhill wrote:
les taylor wrote:
So Jonathan have you done it yet?


:)


Les

Are you on commision?

:lol:



Hi Woody, yea Matt and I have this arrangement :wink:
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby Di Blasi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Musky, Les, everybody, done, a new subscriber has subscribed, yours truly!! :thumbsup:
I like to keep my promises, now looking forward to 18 issues, at just 53kr a piece rather than 116kr a piece! Well worth it!! :thumbsup: :coffee:
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby les taylor » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:20 pm

Di Blasi wrote:Musky, Les, everybody, done, a new subscriber has subscribed, yours truly!! :thumbsup:
I like to keep my promises, now looking forward to 18 issues, at just 53kr a piece rather than 116kr a piece! Well worth it!! :thumbsup: :coffee:




Jonathan :thumbsup:

Matt usuaul rates. :wink:
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: ISSUE 69 IS OUT NOW

Postby r900p » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:57 pm

Well done DiBlasi i was wondering why you hadn't already subsribed despite being a regular on here. Anyway i guess your a fully fledged member now.

I expect you to post soon trying to get back issues, good luck if you do.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Liverpool

Next

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder