In your latest issue (#16) you bring something new that has to become a regular topic in "Whisky words" : a very accurate answer to a single question. This time it was the germination of barley with a perfect description of acrospire, when and why to stop germination.
The difference between a magazine and a book is that you have (almost) unlimited space and time to explain technical subjects:
- difference between steam kettles and steam coils
- different types of barley
- what is a slow distillation?
- why are Islay and Orkney and other peats so different?
- how do malting drums (or germinating vessels, or Saladin boxes) operate?
- importance of worms condensers..