Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Subscription Renewal Letter

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Subscription Renewal Letter

Postby Rob B » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:45 pm

Today I received a letter from Rob Allanson telling me that my subscription was coming to an end and offering two free issues if I extended my subscription for 2 years. The reminder and offer are very kind, and may have been well received had the letter arrived in December rather than today. Let me explain why today's letter has irritated me.

I opened a 12 month, 8 issue subscription to Whisky Magazine on 3 January this year. I was surprised not to be sent issue 69 published on 18 January given the start date of my subscription. Despite my chasing by telephone, issue 69 never appeared. Since then I have received issues number 70, 71 and 72.

I find it irritating to be told that my subscription is coming to an end when there are over 5 months to run, particularly as so far I have only had 3 of the promised 8 magazines and we are now in mid July.

How can I be sure that were I to renew now that the outstanding 5 issues from the current subscription would be honoured as well as the 18 issues promised by the renewal?

No, I think I will wait until I have had the current subscription fullfilled and then consider whether I renew.

I like reading the magazine, but the subscription service leaves something to be desired.

Rob
Rob B
Bronze Member

Re: Subscription Renewal Letter

Postby TreacleSponge » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:34 pm

It's just a reminder. They send them out early and you'll get several. If it bothers you, bin it and you'll get another nearer the time.

From what you say there was just a bit of a delay in your sub getting started, but it's ok now. I don't renew as soon as I get the first reminder but I don't leave it until it runs out. And they've never cheated me out of any issues ;)
TreacleSponge
Gold Member

Postby Rob Allanson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Rob,

Send me an email about this and I will pass it on to the subs service.

rob
Rob Allanson
Editor

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 pm

This was one of the main reasons that I cancelled my subscription. One letter a month before renewal (on earlier) is quite sufficient.

Now I just pick up a copy on issue in either W H Smith or Borders. No hassle at all.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder