Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Balvenie Tasting, Leeds, Monday 17th November

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Balvenie Tasting, Leeds, Monday 17th November

Postby The Whisky Lounge » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi All,

Just to let you know that the next Whisky Lounge session is as follows...

The Balvenie
Monday 17th November
3 Albion Place, Leeds, 7.30pm
£15 per ticket

Once again we host Andy Forrester, the UK Brand Ambassador, for a tasting of some of Balvenie's good stuff. Andy is a really good guy and used to work on the Jon, Mark and Robbo whiskies, RIP but let's not hold that against him! He knows his stuff and is a really interesting as well as interested presenter. Aside from the tasting of the six drams below, Andy will also be showing how their 'Signature' 12 Y.O is constructed using cask samples, just in case you didn't think there was enough already!
This is not just a brand lecture as Andy knows me well enough not to try any of that! We will be assessing and scoring the whiskies independently as always and a thoroughly good night should be had by all.

Whiskies on tasting...

Balvenie New-make
12 Y.O Doublewood
12 Y.O Signature
15 Y.O Single Barrel
17 Y.O Rum Cask Finish
21 Y.O Port Cask Finish

If you are interested in coming I'd love to meet some more of you guys, having already got to know Gordon and Rob, and it should be right down your street (so to speak).
You can either email me directly at eddie@thewhiskylounge.com or go to the website to book http://www.thewhiskylounge.com

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you soon.

Cheers,
Eddie
The Whisky Lounge

Re: Balvenie Tasting, Leeds, Monday 17th November

Postby andrewmforrester » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks to Eddie for inviting me along to another Whisky Lounge event to present and talk about The Balvenie.

Should be a lot of fun and hopefully something a little bit different for you as we 'deconstruct' our new expression - The Balvenie 'Signature' 12 y.o. - using cask samples that I recently 'liberated' from Warehouse 24 at the distillery. This went down a storm at the Lancaster event.

Also look out for my next event with Eddie and Whisky Lounge in York where we will be tasting Balvenie whiskies and describing them in a unique and interactive way (as with all things Balvenie don't expect anything high-tech though!)

A truely 'handcrafted' experience!
andrewmforrester

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:49 am

hello

i have two tickets for this as i was going to take mrs ash005

well something has come up, beyond my control, which means that she can't make it

so i wondered if anyone else was arround Leeds that night and fancied going on her ticket for free

otherwise i may have to rope in a mate

ash .
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:44 am

place now taken

ash .
Deactivated Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:26 pm

andrewmforrester wrote:
A truely 'handcrafted' experience!

Any Spaceships in your pitches these days Andy ? :lol:
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:11 am

big thankyou to eddie and andy

had a great night and learned a lot, not just about balvenie!

the evening was very easy going and i think everyone had an enjoyable time, the guests experince of whisky ranged from expert to novice (my 1st proper tasting)

andy and eddie both have a vast knowledge of whisky and this helped me get a lot more from the whisky than i had previously

i would recommend a whisky lounge tasting to anyone, and i will be keeping my eyes open for future events in Leeds

i also ended up getting a taxi home driven by a bloke from elgin who had worked at a distillery about 30 years ago "best two years of his life" he said!!!

once again, thanks guys

ash .
Deactivated Member

Postby TreacleSponge » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, Ash. I missed out on this when it was held in Lancaster cos I was on me jollies but I'm hoping if I say enough lovely things about lovely Eddie and his lovely Whisky Lounge he'll hang on to that sample of Rum Finish for me till his next lovely tasting event :angel: :thumbsup:
TreacleSponge
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:58 pm

TreacleSponge wrote:Sounds like you had a great time, Ash. I missed out on this when it was held in Lancaster cos I was on me jollies but I'm hoping if I say enough lovely things about lovely Eddie and his lovely Whisky Lounge he'll hang on to that sample of Rum Finish for me till his next lovely tasting event :angel: :thumbsup:

got a bottle of the rum finish off eddie last night

ash .
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder