Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whiskyfest Chicago

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Whiskyfest Chicago

Postby shulaw05 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Got my ticket today - anyone else going? I know Gov is in...
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Re: Whiskyfest Chicago

Postby Gov » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:06 am

Got my ticket too!! :mrgreen:
Gov
Gold Member

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:27 am

A friend and I will be there! VIP tickets! Should be great!!

Our wives will be shopping - oh well, the price that must be paid :roll:

Bob
Yellowjacket
Bronze Member

Postby evanstonwhisky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:34 am

shulaw05 - I'm from Evanston, so I could go. I could never handle all that whisky though - I looked at the drinks list, it is nuts. It seems like something too good - I want to wait to reward myself with something like this.

It must be heaven though. I will reward myself someday, like when I get a job to justify the expense (I just auditioned for graduate school for music - so it could be a while). It sounds awesome, let know how it goes.

(shulaw05 - bought and tried Old Pulteney today - my new favorite whisky, thanks for pushing that)
evanstonwhisky

Postby shulaw05 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:26 pm

evanstonwhisky wrote:shulaw05 - I'm from Evanston, so I could go. I could never handle all that whisky though - I looked at the drinks list, it is nuts. It seems like something too good - I want to wait to reward myself with something like this.

It must be heaven though. I will reward myself someday, like when I get a job to justify the expense (I just auditioned for graduate school for music - so it could be a while). It sounds awesome, let know how it goes.

(shulaw05 - bought and tried Old Pulteney today - my new favorite whisky, thanks for pushing that)

glad i could help - i love OP, such a unique taste. i'm also a salt freak, so it appeals to me. as for whiskyfest, i highly recommend going if you can at all afford it (if money is too tight then so be it, and in today's economy no one will give you crap for that). don't be intimidated by the list of whiskies there - it is impossible to taste them all. i made the mistake of sampling to many at NY last year, and i have a new approach this year. i got a VIP ticket, so i will taste those whiskies only available during the vip hour first, then pick out maybe 10 - 15 more i want to try and stop there. it is truly an event to behold.
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Postby Gov » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, it was another great event this year and I met up with "shulaw05" (it was nice meeting you!) We sampled lots of great whiskies. I was really impressed with the Duncan Taylor offerings! I am looking forward to next year, and I will definately be going VIP next time!
Gov
Gold Member

Postby shulaw05 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:55 pm

i likewise had a great time and will be going VIP again next year. the duncan taylor offerings were great, but my favorite dram of the night was the cragganmore 29 yr. the crown royal xr was also a welcome surprise.
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder