Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

WHISKY CRUISE - BOSTON - great value here!

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

WHISKY CRUISE - BOSTON - great value here!

Postby Red_Arremer » Sun May 03, 2009 12:51 am

Recently, my friend Joe Howell from Federal Wine (Boston, MA) alerted me to a really nice whisky event that's coming to Boston.

It's kind of like Boston's own Whiskeyfest. :D

On board the deck of a luxury cruise ship, sailing in the boston harbour, attendees will have access to a huge assortment of great whiskies. Dinner is included. The price is pretty good too with tickets going for as low as 75$.

Check out this url for more info:

http://www.whiskyguild.com/boston_federal.html
Red_Arremer

Re: WHISKY CRUISE - BOSTON - great value here!

Postby Red_Arremer » Tue May 12, 2009 2:07 am

So, this thing is happening in two days (5/13). They've put the remaining tickets on some kind of discount.

Personally I can't wait and my girlfriend is looking forward to having an excuse to dress up, :wink: but there's another more important reason that I've been posting info on this event:

Some areas get a ton of whisky, and some get little or none. When it comes to New England, the farther North you live of New Jersey, the less access you have to a real variety of good scotches. This isn't an accident and it's not state law either. It's the result of decisions made within the industry on the basis of marketing research. This event already has more than 400 people signed up, making it probably the biggest whisky event Boston has seen in a while. Showing up to this event and making it sure that it happens again next year, and again the next, will have an impact on the industry. It will alert them that our region is full of people who want their best whisky, and let them know that some of the stock going to San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, etc. should be diverted to us. Just a thought...

908- 578-2726 is the number to call to get aboard the cruise.
Red_Arremer

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder