Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

More From the Whisky Lounge....

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

More From the Whisky Lounge....

Postby Spirit of Islay » Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 pm

After his recent success with the Newcastle Festival , Eddie has announced a new Series of Tastings and another 2 Festival.....

Friday June 12th 2009, 7.30pm Ireland V Scotland , Blackfriars, Newcastle Upon Tyne £15
Friday June 19th 2009, 7.30pm Ireland V Scotland , The Britons Protection, Manchester £15
Friday June 26th 2009, 7.30pm Ireland V Scotland , The Minster Hotel, York £15
Monday June 29th 2009, 7.00pm Ireland V Scotland , The Red Lion, Crown Passage, London SW1 £15
Friday July 3rd 2009, 7.30pm The Balvenie - A Speyside Icon , Blackfriars, Newcastle Upon Tyne £15
Friday August 7th 2009, 7.30pm Talisker - Skye's the Limit! Blackfriars, Newcastle Upon Tyne £15
Saturday September 19th 2009 The 7th York Whisky Festival , The Guildhall, York £TBC
Saturday October 10th 2009 The 1st Manchester Whisky Festival , The Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester £TBC

Date TBC Berry Brothers and Rudd , Blackfriars, Newcastle Upon Tyne £15

Full details and Ticket Purchases at http://www.thewhiskylounge.com/Events.aspx
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Re: More From the Whisky Lounge....

Postby ClubSmed » Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Spirit of Islay wrote:After his recent success with the Newcastle Festival , Eddie has announced a new Series of Tastings and another 2 Festival.....

Saturday October 10th 2009 The 1st Manchester Whisky Festival , The Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester £TBC

This is the best news I have had since.......forever!!!!!!!

A whisky festival on my doorstep, and run by the same guy who gave such a good festival (and at a great price) in Newcastle, is my idea of heaven!
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Thu May 21, 2009 8:05 pm

The date for the Excellent Berry Brothers and Rudd Tasting with Ed Bates has been confirmed as Friday October 16th at 7.30pm . Last years was the highlight of the year for me , looking forward to this !

Clubsmed , Could you PM me with how much you paid for train tickets to Newcastle from Manchester , had a look on the web to see how much the tickets are as i fancy coming down but nearly passed out at the cost !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby ClubSmed » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Spirit of Islay wrote:Friday June 19th 2009, 7.30pm Ireland V Scotland , The Britons Protection, Manchester £15

Is anyone else from the forum going to this event tomorrow night?
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 pm

The Britons Protection, Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester
7.30pm
£15 per ticket

Stephen Teeling, the UK Brand Ambassador for Cooley, will be coming to the Britons Protection for one night only to present a selection of his whiskies. Cooley is the only remaining independent distillery on Ireland and as such does things a little differently to the 'big two' - Bushmills and Jameson. The whiskies are distilled and matured in a far more Scottish fashion and throw in the fact that they also produce Ireland's only peated whisky and you have a recipe for a very interesting tasting. We will, of course, be assessing the whiskies independently and scoring them as per usual to keep things on an even keel. Having won 10 gold medals at this years IWSC awards, Stephen is sure to be on a high so the timing for this event is perfect.

http://www.thewhiskylounge.com
eddie@thewhiskylounge.com
07515 854210
01904 466227
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder