Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Maltstock - Stuart Thomson at Maltstock & CB breakfast whisk

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Maltstock - Stuart Thomson at Maltstock & CB breakfast whisk

Postby laddie teun » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Fellow whisky enthusiast,

Only 7 weeks until Maltstock! And it promises to be a great weekend again. Already we have people coming over form seven different countries. We are also very proud at the program we are able to offer this year. No less than three distillery managers will be present, as well as some other representatives and independent bottlers. There are a couple of very unique tastings. But most importantly it will be a very relaxed weekend.

Compass Box breakfast whisky
The terrific, innovating team of Compass Box is creating a breakfast whisky especially for Maltstock. This will accompany the Highlander Inn Scottish breakfast. It will be the world's first ever specially created breakfast whisky. The breakfast whisky will be produced in a very limited quantity and will only be available at Maltstock 2010. Will this be a serious cereal whisky? A bowl of fruit? Will it be as black at the pudding? The "Ben Bacon & Beans"? We will find out in September.

Stuart Thomson at Maltstock
I think most of you remember Stuart Thomson, former Ardbeg distillery manager. He has been out of the whisky scene for a while, but he is back! We are very happy and proud to announce he will be present at Maltstock!

Tickets need to bought in advance
Please note it is necessary to buy your Maltstock tickets online. There will be no tickets sales at the Maltstock gates. We need to know in advance how many people will be present. This because we have limited number of beds and diner and breakfast is included. Many of you have already bought their ticket. If you haven't done so yet, please visit our online shop and get your Maltstock tickets. After you have ordered your tickets you can also book the free tastings. Maltstock costs just 150,- euro's for the whole weekend. Including two nights accommodation, Scottish breakfast, diner, BBQ, quiz, campfire, lot's of whisky to taste with no extra charge. Full program and extra information can be found at our website http://www.maltstock.com. Or [url]click here[/url]to go straight to the online shop.

See you in September, see you at Maltstock!

Slainte!

Arthur, Bob, Eline, Rogier & Teun
http://www.maltstock.com
laddie teun
Bronze Member

Re: Maltstock - Stuart Thomson at Maltstock & CB breakfast whisk

Postby corbuso » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi Teun,
Glad to hear that Stuart is back. Is he back to the whisky business? If so, with which company?

I talked a few times with his mum, but could not have direct with him.
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby laddie teun » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Only spoke briefly with him. But I believe he is indeed involved in the whisky busines again.
Come to Maltstock and find out ;-)
It was good talking to him again!
laddie teun
Bronze Member

Postby corbuso » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:12 pm

laddie teun wrote:Only spoke briefly with him. But I believe he is indeed involved in the whisky busines again.
Come to Maltstock and find out ;-)
It was good talking to him again!

I would not mind joining you, but unfortunately we have now a small baby. Makes things more complicated...
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby laddie teun » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Ah, yes as I undersatnd that seems to change things a Bit :-)
maybe next year :-)
laddie teun
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder