Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardbeg Rollercoaster party

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Ardbeg Rollercoaster party

Postby AshDLS » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Allo allo,

I received an email from The Ardbeg Committee (or to be more accurate, Moet-Hennessey in Australia) inviting me to an "Ardbeg Rollercoaster party/Committee 10th anniversary" event here in Melbourne - from looking at the Ardbeg site it seems like there are quite a few being held around the world.

Anyway, the invitation was a little scant on the finer details, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows what these events usually consist of? A free glass on entry and then various other expressions at standard prices thereafter? :P
AshDLS

Re: Ardbeg Rollercoaster party

Postby schitzengiggles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:55 am

This is my first time going to a public show - usually I get a trade show gig :D

You can expect some sort of a speech by one of the Ardbeg honchos from Moet in Sydney. Jean Conrie is likely to be the guy. There'll no doubt be more than one Ardbeg on offer, and given the nature of the venue, I'm forecasting a very high chance of an Ardbeg cocktail or two ;)
schitzengiggles

Postby schitzengiggles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:57 am

If indeed you got a follow up email from Ardbeg, shoot me a pm & I'll tell you how to find me. Otherwise, if you ever bought Whisky from Nicks Wine Merchants in Armadale in the last 3-4 years, you'll recognise me.
schitzengiggles

Postby lohssanami » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am

Don't quote me on this, but this event should consist of something along these lines.

A Carnival themed atmosphere where you can taste these expressions.

TEN, Uigeadail, Airigh Nam Beist, Corryvreckan, Supernova SN2010 and Rollercoaster. There is no guarantee that all of these will be available, but it's what I've heard from most celebrations.

There may be some games that give you a chance to win some Ardbeg 'swag'. Maybe a glass, peat cones, or some other type of Ardbeg merchandise.

Since this event is free (should be), you really can't go wrong by attending. Meet some like-minded whisky enthusiasts and maybe win some good prizes.

Let us know how it is after you attend!

Cheers...
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby lohssanami » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 am

schitzengiggles wrote:There'll no doubt be more than one Ardbeg on offer, and given the nature of the venue, I'm forecasting a very high chance of an Ardbeg cocktail or two ;)

We tried an 'Ardbeg Bloody Mary' and even Ardbeg Ice Cream in Chicago.

:thumbsup:
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby AshDLS » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 am

Hmm, I once had a mint julep with Laphroaig 10 instead of bourbon... didn't quite work, but I won't say no to any Ardbeg cocktails they cook up. :P
AshDLS

Postby bcrossan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:36 pm

lohssanami wrote:
schitzengiggles wrote:There'll no doubt be more than one Ardbeg on offer, and given the nature of the venue, I'm forecasting a very high chance of an Ardbeg cocktail or two ;)

We tried an 'Ardbeg Bloody Mary' and even Ardbeg Ice Cream in Chicago.

:thumbsup:

The ice cream and sherbert were great... blood mary, not so much
bcrossan
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder