Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Tennants Auctioneers - Rare and Collectable Whisky Sale

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Tennants Auctioneers - Rare and Collectable Whisky Sale

Postby marklittler » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:38 am

This is my first post on this forum so hello!

I work at Tennants Auctioneers in Leyburn, North Yorkshire, and I have recently started their Whisky and Wine sales for them. I have had some experience of selling collections of Whisky in the past and I am a great fan of single malts.

The inaugural sale of Rare and Collectable Whisky and Wine is due to be held on the 18th June 2011, and I am sure there are many lots that you will be interested in. One of the collections that has come into sale contains a large number of 1970's bottlings, including Bowmore (ships bottle and box), Laphroaig, Glen Flagler, Springbank 22, etc. There are also some more modern bottling that are sure to be a hit, such as a Macallan 25 year old, bottled 1957, Glen Grant 1957, and several bottles of cask strength whisky.

There are close to 400 bottles of whisky, the majority single malts, grouped to be sold in around 70 lots. All of the lots must be sold so it will be a great opportunity for you to add to your collection. The online listing can be found fully illustrated at:

http://www.tennants.co.uk/Catalogue/Sales/161.aspx

starting from lot 1000.

As a gesture to all of you on this forum I will arrange to have a free catalogue posted out to you if you either post your address below or inbox me. I will also be happy to help with any enquiries.
marklittler

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder