Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Woking Whisky Club

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Woking Whisky Club

Postby whiskynig » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 am

We would be delighted if you could join us for a sensational tasting of 5 completely independent whiskies, all aged 20 years or over, PLUS a superb cheese and biscuit selection, on Friday March 30th., at the Bird In Hand, Egley Rd., Woking.

I cannot as yet finalise a price, but the more people who come along, the less the tickets will be, and I am intending to get them under £20, which for the whisky on offer is a ridiculous sum of money.

All you have to do for the time being is register your interest in attending. There is a limit of 25 on the event, so we will be allocating tickets on a first come first served basis.

Once I have a better idea of numbers I will confirm prices.

If you want further info or to register your place, please email me nigel@charmwoodgroup.co.uk

Thanks 8)
whiskynig
Bronze Member

Re: Woking Whisky Club

Postby breathecosse » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 am

Keep us up to date on this one. I may have a few intrested parties.
I will have a chat with them on Friday night.
Is this looking to be a regular thing to replace the Sasanach whisky club?
breathecosse

Postby whiskynig » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi.
Thanks for posting.
We are what used to be the Sassenachs Dram Whisky club, for some strange reason, ever since we closed down more people have wanted to attend tastings than before so how could we not accommodate them?
We are looking to do 4 this year, probably June, September and December-I am trying to source at least 20 independent bottlings to complete the line up, for this March event we are charging just £18 per head.
As we are now, thursday Feb 2nd., we still have 4 tickets available.
I will pm you with this info also, and check this thread again over the weekend.
Regards,
Nigel.
whiskynig
Bronze Member

Postby breathecosse » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Thanks Nigel.
I will check with the others tomorrow night and let you know how many tickets we will
take on Saturday morning. I will drop you an email as early as i can.
breathecosse

Postby breathecosse » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Nigel put on a great evening. Members of the forum nearby should give the next one a try.
On the table this time were 5 independant bottlings.

20 year old Highland Park 51.2%
This cask strength single malt whisky is a limited bottling 276 bottles from Cask number 805. From Dream Drams

22 year old fettercairn 54.6% from Premier Bonding Co.

21 year old Macallan 53.3%
This single malt whisky is a limited bottling of 250 from Cask Number 17344. From Dream Drams

22 year old Linkwood 55.5% from Premier Bonding Co.

21 year old Tomintoul 54.6%
This single malt whisky is a limited bottling of 294 bottles Cask No. 3788. From Dream Drams.

Look forward to the next one Nigel.
breathecosse

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder