Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

International Malt Whisky Festival Belgium

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

International Malt Whisky Festival Belgium

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:07 pm

At 25, 26 and 27 februari the second malt whisky festival for belgium will be held at Gent.
last year i was there and it was fantastic.
all the info you want here:
http://www.whiskyfestival.be/
Tom
Gold Member

Postby Rudy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:22 pm

I went to the similar event in the Netherlands once, but NEVER again....

It does not even comes close to Whisky Live! (went to London this year).

The event in the Hague was EUR 40,- and lasted 4 hours.
So if you meet someone you know and chat a bit, you'll be on the street again before you know it.
The more interesting whiskies cost a lot more money again (because the organisation wants commission on the money payed).

It's better to go to your local liquorist that has a few bottles open. You can taste some whiskies, get good advise, have a nice time and are sure that you go home with a whisky you really like.
Rudy
Bronze Member

Postby Admiral » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:10 am

Rudy said,
It's better to go to your local liquorist that has a few bottles open. You can taste some whiskies, get good advise, have a nice time and are sure that you go home with a whisky you really like.

WHAT????? You actually have stores with open bottles available for tasting????? Man, sometimes I think I live in the wrong country!

It's not uncommon for liquor stores to have free samplings of wine to try, but it is literally unheard of for a store to have open bottles of any spirits (let alone single malts) available for tastings.

You people are very lucky! :)

Cheers,
Admiral
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby Rudy » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:38 am

Yes, I realize I'm very lucky to know some shops that give you the occasion to try something before you buy.
In case I gave the impression, this is not common practice.
But some shopkeepers understand that is not wise to let customers spend at least EUR 40 or so on something they do not know. That's why I happily visit their shops, to leave my money there and let them make profit so they can continue this practice and contribute to getting people acquainted with all the different single malts that are available and newly released! I hope this still is a correct English sentence. If it is not, please take another dram and maybe it sounds more sensible.

Have fun,

Rudy.
Rudy
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder