Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Best Cadenheads Has' 8.5.13 Edinburgh

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

The Best Cadenheads Has' 8.5.13 Edinburgh

Postby jmrl » Sun May 05, 2013 10:03 pm

A bit short notice this one - I've only had months to prepare. The line up is now finalised, &.30pm Kilderkin, Royal Mile, £18/25* (ish):-

Tamdhu-Glenlivet 21yo 1991 - 07/12 Bourbon hogshead 57.0% 258 bottles

Glencraig 31yo 1981 - 04/12 Bourbon cask 50.8% 186 bottles

Royal Brackla 20yo 1992 - 02/13 Sherry cask 52.4% 180 bottles

Glenglassaugh 25yo 1978 - 03/03 Sherry hogshead 45.2% 228 bottles

Bourbon (Heaven Hill methinks) about 12yo definetly 61.2%

Laphroaig 14yo 1998 - 10/12 Bourbon hogshead 60.7% 252 bottles

Q. Why the vagueness about ticket price?

A. Incompetence - due to a busy period and the last minute tweeks I've yet to crunch numbers so if it varies from £25 much then, well, oh dear. Plus nice Chris GAVE me the Glenglassaugh for this tasting - I will try and force money/whisky on him and build this into the budget/ticket price.

Hopefully the boys that commissioned this tasting will forgive me that the Edinburgh shop has sold out of the Royal Brackla, Laphroaig and Tamdhu - I knicked the last two from the Campbeltown shop (not literally, honest gov). Clearly the 2003 bottled Glenglassaugh is the stuff of auctions now too. When Tomas asked me to do this theme three years ago it was difficult to narrow down the selection to 6 bottles. Today our stock is greatly reduced - the demand for our bottlings has risen and as we are not bottling significantly more casks our reserves of bottled malts are running out. Don't worry Mr Watt is on the case. Next time we can maybe plunder my personal stash. So when this tasting is titled 'The Best Cadenheads HAS' maybe it should have been 'The Best Cadenheads HAD' Sorry.

*£3 discount for fisrt time attendees and members.
jmrl
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder