Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Carribean whisky (OK rum) tasting 20.6.13

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Carribean whisky (OK rum) tasting 20.6.13

Postby jmrl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:21 am

I remember some years ago some displeasure over Whisky magazine having an edition focusing on rum. Where I could easily see the point of view of whisky enthusiasts buying a publication to indulge their pleasure only to find a large portion of the pages were about a different topic I also can see the reason why the articles were used. Working for Cadenheads (an independent bottler) I have a good grasp on most things whisky - I bill myself as a professional enthusiast and my fascination for the stuff isn't waning but I also had to form an opinion and speak competently about rum as we are a very well established rum bottler.

I found that by examining rum history, production and fllavours that there was a chance to compare similarities and differences between the two spirits: most informative and not really hard work.

So once a year there is the rum tasting;-

Trinidad Distillers 21yo 1991 - 2013 TMAH 66.9% column stills

Cuba 14yo Sancti Spiritus distillery 1998 - 2013 59.2% column stills

Jamaica 30yo 1974 - 2013 51.8%

Demerara 10yo 46%

Panama 15yo 46%

Thursday 20th June, 7.30pm at The Kilderkin, 65 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh £15 for first timers or Jolly Toper members or £18 for returning non-members.

Apologies to purists on this forum - hi hijacked the 'Whisky Events' section as I couldn't see a more appropriate place to post this. Normal whisky service will be resumed with the POURS tasting on the 27th June.
jmrl
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder