Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

POURS tasting 14.11.13 Edinburgh

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

POURS tasting 14.11.13 Edinburgh

Postby jmrl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:07 pm

At The Kilderkin 7.30pm £17 for first timers or members or £20 for returning non members.

So far I've only lined up a Cadenheads Tomatin 35yo which is pricey, I'll try and get a decent rye/Bourbon, Fighting Cock is a contender. Also a blend at 12yo or 18yo might help. Waitrose don't seem to be doing their cheap A'bunadh yet so thinking cap on for a good sherry cask dram. Then a peaty cask strength of some nature. I've looked in a couple of Tescos for the cheap Kavalan but yet to get one.

Silly me I forgot I had a bottle of Signatory Ben Nevis 21yo 05.07.1991 - 14.10.13 sherry butt 749 bottles 46%. The folks at Royal Mile Whiskies has this as the current Staff Favourite.

Springbank are doing a single cask Madiera 16yo for the UK but inclusion will depend on the cost of the others as it'll retail at about £70.

I seem to be inheriting some 21yo Strathclyde for free but might reserve that for The Honourable Men of Whisky part 2 the next night or the Marie Curie tastings.

Cadenheads Putachieside 12yo blend was simply superb last batch but the current one is cut from different cloth. We've just bottled some interesting bits and bobs - a great Caol Ila 33yo and a wonderful Glen Elgin 22yo finished in a rum cask although it doesn't seem to have made an impression.

Finalised line up to be posted ASAP
jmrl
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder