Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky in the Warehouse - Calgary, AB

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Whisky in the Warehouse - Calgary, AB

Postby WestVanDave » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:03 pm

For those looking for an excuse to travel to Alberta - or for those already there enjoying some of the best prices in Canada (if not North America) - here is an event to target:

November 16th, 2005 ~ 7 pm ~ $75 Cdn.
Whisky Wednesday in the Warehouse Festival
Willow Park Wines & Spirits
10801 Bonaventure Dr. SE
Calgary. Alberta, CANADA

Tickets: (403) 296-1640 ext 221 or carol@willowpark.net

Distilleries represented include:

Arran, Balvenie, Benromach, Bruichladdich, Caol Ila, Chiva, Douglas Laing, Glendronach, Glenfarclas, Glengoyne, Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Glenrothes, Gordon & MacPhail, Highland Park, The Macallan, Morrison Bowmore, Auchentoshan, Glen Garioch, Murray McDavid, Compass Box - Peat Monster, Scapa, Springbank and more...

Enjoy the University of Calgary Highland Band and Scottish Dancers. Fabulous hors d'oeuvres from local restaurants will enhance the evening...

This event was a great success last year - over 800 attendees sampled over 92 whiskies - and got to meet a few industry big wigs...

This year the event has expanded to two levels of the store (warehouse and the entire main floor)... the whisky selection has expanded - as has the list of "celebrities" - including:

Andrew Gray - Bruichladdich & Murray McDavid
Peter Gordon - Wm. Grant & Sons (Glenfiddich & Balvenie)
Kate Wright - Springbank
Michael Urquhart - Gordon & MacPhail

...and others to be announced.

For those coming from out of town - a number of us from Vancouver (and possibly Lawrence from Victoria) will be arriving early (Tuesday) and are aiming to add some extra curricular activities - to be confirmed... but one thought is a dinner at Buchanan's Chophouse & Whisky Bar... 176 whiskies on the menu!!! Let me know if you want to join in...

Cheers, Dave.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Postby Lawrence » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:47 pm

Yes, I'll be there, I'm about to book my tickets, Mike and Iain are joining us also I think. Should be fun.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder