Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Kentucky Bourbon Festival?

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Kentucky Bourbon Festival?

Postby jimidrammer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:20 pm

I plan on being there Sept. 14th or 15th, then off to a Buffalo Trace Distillery Tour. Anyone else going?
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby jeffk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:50 pm

I considered it, but ended up heading off to London the following weekend, so I decided that was enough travel for one month. But now that I think of it, it sounds fun ;)
jeffk
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:53 am

I was going to go, but couldn't get off work long enough to justify the trip this year...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Re: Kentucky Bourbon Festival?

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:34 am

jimidrammer wrote:...Anyone else going?

Always. I'll probably be there Friday-Sunday, but will possibly join a group selecting a single barrel of Elmer T. Lee (with Elmer himself pre-selecting the barrels and present to guide) at Buffalo Trace Thursday. (I'll get a share of the bottling in any case.)
Don't miss the nightly gatherings at the Gazebo behind the Best Western General Nelson -- just west of downtown, and within easy walking distance from the Festival's 'lawn' -- a mostly StraightBourbon.com affair open to all comers with 'admission' simply a deposit of a bottle you'd be proud to share onto the table. You'll see legendary whiskeys on that table, and often can bend an elbow with a master distiller or two. But nearly every type of whisk(e)y will be present to sample.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder