Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Speed Dating Postponed till further notice

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Whisky Speed Dating Postponed till further notice

Postby Oiler_Kiwi99 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Apologies but I have had to postpone this event. Will advise of an alternative asap.

O_K

Day & Date: Wednesday 25th October, 2006

Where: Oran Mor, 731 - 735 Great Western Road, Glasgow

Time: Subject to demand 7pm & 9pm with a maximum of 40 per session

Confirmed Speed Daters: Maxxium (Highland Park/Macallan) First Drinks (Balvenie/Glenfiddich), Gordon & MacPhail (Benromach), Whyte & MacKay (Isle of Jura), Fior Brands (Auchentoshan & Bowmore), Inverarity Vaults
What is it? Groups of 2 - 4 people spend up to 10 minutes at each daters table and will receive a tutored nosing and tasting of 2 whiskys.

More details will follow with regards to ticketing and whiskys that will be available.

Regards,

Erik Burgess
Last edited by Oiler_Kiwi99 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oiler_Kiwi99
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:28 am

Sounds interesting, OK99. And incidentally, welcome aboard. Your moniker reminds me of The Great One, although I can't figure out where the "Kiwi" bit fits in.
Deactivated Member

Postby Oiler_Kiwi99 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:41 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:Sounds interesting, OK99. And incidentally, welcome aboard. Your moniker reminds me of The Great One, although I can't figure out where the "Kiwi" bit fits in.

Thanks.

Oiler for the Edmonton Oilers NHL Team, Kiwi as I'm from New Zealand and 99 in honour of as you pointed out The Great One, Wayne Gretzky who wore 99 in his career with the Oilers, Kings, Blues & Rangers
Oiler_Kiwi99
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:55 am

Spot on! Sorry I haven't planned a night in Glasgow on my upcoming trip--I'd definitely stop in for a dram and a blether. Next year, maybe!
Deactivated Member

Re: Whisky Speed Dating

Postby Aidan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:46 am

Oiler_Kiwi99 wrote:Day & Date: Wednesday 18th October, 2006

Confirmed Speed Daters: Maxxium (Highland Park/Macallan) First Drinks (Balvenie/Glenfiddich), Gordon & MacPhail (Benromach), Whyte & MacKay (Isle of Jura), Fior Brands (Auchentoshan & Bowmore) with 1 more to be advised.

What is it? Groups of 2 - 4 people spend up to 10 minutes at each daters table and will receive a tutored nosing and tasting of 2 or 3 whiskys.

More details will follow with regards to ticketing and whiskys that will be available.

Regards,

Erik Burgess

I tried this before. I woke up the next morning with a Glenfiddich 12 next to me in the bed. I could have sworn the night before it was a Black Bowmore.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Re: Whisky Speed Dating

Postby Lawrence » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:20 am

Aidan wrote:
Oiler_Kiwi99 wrote:Day & Date: Wednesday 18th October, 2006

Confirmed Speed Daters: Maxxium (Highland Park/Macallan) First Drinks (Balvenie/Glenfiddich), Gordon & MacPhail (Benromach), Whyte & MacKay (Isle of Jura), Fior Brands (Auchentoshan & Bowmore) with 1 more to be advised.

What is it? Groups of 2 - 4 people spend up to 10 minutes at each daters table and will receive a tutored nosing and tasting of 2 or 3 whiskys.

Regards,

Erik Burgess

I tried this before. I woke up the next morning with a Glenfiddich 12 next to me in the bed. I could have sworn the night before it was a Black Bowmore.

ROTFLMAO

Oh Aidan, you're a funny one. :D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder