Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky in the Warehouse

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Whisky in the Warehouse

Postby Danny » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:02 pm

Attended the Willow Park Wines and Spirits Whisky in the Warehouse event in Calgary Wednesday night. What a great event. My congratulations to the Willow Park group for putting this on.

Met Lawrence and WestvanDave and a host of west coasters at the event. That was a highlight for me, as Lawrence and Dave are great people and very knowledgeable about the malts. They seem to be quite good salesmen also :wink:

There were 33 distillers or independants there with ~ 120 expressions. Very casual with the displays scattered through out, so one could just wander about and sample as you wished.

The folks presenting were knowledeable in their products and skilled in explaining the attributes of the various expressions they had.

Alas I did not take notes :( , but I did come away with Christmas wish list :D

Meet a lot of people from long distances away that come every year, especially from BC due to the cost difference of product in Alberta.

Certainly recommend Whisky in the Warehouse for any that are close enough to attend.
Danny
Bronze Member

Postby Frodo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:58 am

Danny - was a voucher system in place to get samples?
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Whisky in the Warehouse

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:39 am

Frodo, no voucher system. All included in the price. Just went to a station and asked for the expression of choice. Also had lots of breads and cheese throughout the stations to refresh your palate.

Great event.
Danny
Bronze Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:14 pm

It was a good night and I was happy to finally meet Danny after talking for so long via email and on the forum. The event was well laid out and the only down side was the glass they use, I have alerted the Canadian distirbutor of Glencairn to the event so hopefully next year there will be proper glass ware.

I also tried a lot of different whiskies. :D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder