Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Associations in Montreal, Quebec

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Whisky Associations in Montreal, Quebec

Postby Direwolf » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:08 am

Greetings,

A few friends and I are interested in joining a local amateur whisky society in Montreal, but we were suprised - shocked actually - that we haven't found any as of yet.

While there seems to be the An Quaich Society of Canada and Companions of the Quaich Canada, neither of these associations have a chapter in Quebec. In any case, I was wondering if anyone here knew of any, or could point us in the right direction or advice on how to start our own. The afformentioned groups must have special arrangements with their provincial liqour boards, but I imagine a similar arrangement can be made with the SAQ.

On that note, a representative of the SAQ seemed to think there are organisations, similar to the dozen or so wine societies the province has, but the name she gave me, "Oui Dram" yielded no results on Google (in either English ou Francais).

In any case, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Direwolf
Direwolf

Postby Lawrence » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:32 am

Hi, if it's the same in Quebec as in BC then the liquor boards have nothing to do with the various clubs (thank God). If you are curious about starting a Companions of the Quaich chapter then you should talk to Ed Patrick in Toronto. He is an excellent fellow and will help you set up a chapter. Please email or PM me for his email address.

If you want to start your own Club here is a link that might help;

http://www.whiskyfun.com/archiveoctober06-1.html

The article is about 1/3 of the way down the page.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder