Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Limburg 2007

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Limburg 2007

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:26 pm

So, I have now reserved a room only a few minutes walk (or so I am told) from the Limburg whisky fair, which means it finally looks like I will get there this year!

Looking at the festival website there is no mention of pre-booking tickets, so am I correct in assuming it's 'pay at the door'?
Are there any Masterclasses which can be pre-booked?

Anyone else going along?
If so, anyone fancy a meet-up for a dram & chat?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a Limburg newbie and can't see much info on the website about the format or content of the event.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby lbacha » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:30 pm

I was there last year and it was 6 euros at the door and you got a glass there are no masterclasses just alot of old & rare whisky to try, you pay by the glass so that is where the money is spent on this event.

Which weekend is it I was concidering going this year and if it is in the middle of april like it was last year I might just come over for the weekend. We can meet up and have a dram or two.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Len,
it would be great to meet you at last!

It's April 21-22.

From Munich Limburg is just a quick (and hopefully high speed) run up the autobahn so I'm planning on arriving during Friday and leaving Monday morning.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby lbacha » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:18 pm

That would be my plan as well I would Leave here Thur night and get in Fri morning then head back Monday some time.

The dates work well for me as well, I guess i will start checking flights and maybe I can make this work out, It is always alot more fun knowing people who are going to be there. The selection of whisky is just amazing. It is a collectors dream come true and just as good for the person who wants to try those collectable whiskies that they would never open on their own.

I'll keep in touch.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:42 pm

So, it looks like Len and I will finally get chance to meet at Limburg, anyone else from the forums coming along?

See you there,
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:09 pm

Limburg is NEXT WEEKEND!

Anyone else coming along?
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby kildalton » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Please MT would You be so kind to tell me how much does it takes from Munich to Limburg by car or by train?

Many Thanks
kildalton
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:42 pm

By road it's about 450km so I would guess around 4 hours by car.

As for train, it seems to be around 5 hours.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby kildalton » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:27 pm

Many thanks. very kind of You
kildalton
Silver Member

Postby vitara7 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:43 pm

id love to go to the limburg fair, but im saving for the islay festival, am im sure ill need every penny if the amount i spent at last years is anything to go by....
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:58 am

I wish I could be there too, to meet with you 2 Malt-Teaser and Ibacha. I've heard this is the festival of festivals! Perhaps I'll have to plan better and hope to attend next year! Have fun for all of us!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby lbacha » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:34 am

I'm going to spend about 11 hours by plane to get there and if it is like last year it will be worth it, I also can't wait to see the Arc, we have all heard so much and it will make the second half of my trip just as much fun as the first half will be.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:44 pm

So, Limburg is over, MT (and Len) have returned to Munich with a car load of bottles, The Arc has been visited and Len is driving around Bavaria enjoying the countryside today.
MT
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder