Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenfiddich Event, 9th August 6.30pm Oran Mor, Glasgow

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Glenfiddich Event, 9th August 6.30pm Oran Mor, Glasgow

Postby Oiler_Kiwi99 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Join Ian Millar, Global Brand Ambassador & Master Distiller, Glenfiddich, in the Whisky Bar for a presentation, sampling and questions and answer session on these 5 expressions from the Glenfiddich range: -

Special Reserve 12 Year Old
Caoran Reserve 12 Year Old
Solera Reserve 15 Year Old
Ancient Reserve 18 Year Old
Gran Reserva 21 Year Old

This event is free and it will be great to see Ian again after attending a Masterclass with him last year up at the distillery.

http://www.oran-mor.co.uk/
Oiler_Kiwi99
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:40 pm

I'd certainly vouch for Ian being good value - I was at the same masterclass!

(Incidentally, Oiler_Kiwi99, I see that the Glenfiddich 1955 has now been bottled and is on sale at Edinburgh Airport at £5000 a bottle!)
Deactivated Member

Postby Oiler_Kiwi99 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:12 am

Nick Brown wrote:I'd certainly vouch for Ian being good value - I was at the same masterclass!

(Incidentally, Oiler_Kiwi99, I see that the Glenfiddich 1955 has now been bottled and is on sale at Edinburgh Airport at £5000 a bottle!)

If my memory serves me correct the 1966 we had at that masterclass was better.

Ian is doing a Balvenie Masterclass for Glasgow's Whisky Club in our Private Dining Room after this event which is something I'm looking forward to.

BTW Nick I hope you've opened more of your collection since we last spoke. Laura and I are still amazed at how many bottles you had collected up to that point 350 approx I believe.
Oiler_Kiwi99
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:23 am

I've probably got the numer down a wee bit now as I've been on a self-imposed new purchase diet to save money for a holiday. It's impossible to count the bottles, though, because they are all piled on top of each other and some are blocking a cupboard door that has other bottles inside.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder