Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Dufftown festival

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Dufftown festival

Postby BruceCrichton » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:52 am

BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:58 pm

BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Re: Dufftown festival

Postby BruceCrichton » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:09 pm

BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby MrIntrepid » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:02 am

Hi Bruce,

I really enjoyed reading you review of the festival - I went to Speyside for the first time in September and loved it, the first thing I did when I got back was book my acommodation for the Spirit of Speyside festival next May, I am staying in Dufftown and can't wait. Any recommendations for activities I should definitely try and attend will be duly appreciated and will result in a malt of your choice if we should cross paths (excluding 25 yrs plus, limited editions or vintages :lol: )

Your reviews have wetted my appitite further keep up the good work

Darren
MrIntrepid
Bronze Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:32 am

MrIntrepid wrote:Hi Bruce,

I really enjoyed reading you review of the festival - I went to Speyside for the first time in September and loved it, the first thing I did when I got back was book my acommodation for the Spirit of Speyside festival next May, I am staying in Dufftown and can't wait. Any recommendations for activities I should definitely try and attend will be duly appreciated and will result in a malt of your choice if we should cross paths (excluding 25 yrs plus, limited editions or vintages :lol: )

Your reviews have wetted my appitite further keep up the good work

Darren

What events were you at in Dufftown?

Be sure to attend Adelphi and Duncan Taylor tastings plus Springbank and Mike Lord's whisky and food combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrF6cibYqT4
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby MrIntrepid » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:50 am

Thanks for the advice and the link :D

Unfortunately we were in Elgin before the festival so we didn't go to any events - in May we are staying 4 nights from the 1st to the 5th May so we should be able to see and do most things although we will probably miss the dregs party on the Monday as we have to drive the 9 hours back home :headbang: - when does the itinery usually get posted I understand some of the events get booked up quickly?
MrIntrepid
Bronze Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:38 pm

MrIntrepid wrote:Thanks for the advice and the link :D

Unfortunately we were in Elgin before the festival so we didn't go to any events - in May we are staying 4 nights from the 1st to the 5th May so we should be able to see and do most things although we will probably miss the dregs party on the Monday as we have to drive the 9 hours back home :headbang: - when does the itinery usually get posted I understand some of the events get booked up quickly?

Bus tours go very quickly. Check http://www.spiritofspeyside.com for details.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby MrIntrepid » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Cheers Bruce,

I will keep checking the website regularly so I don't miss out. Hopefull I will see you there and buy you a dram - although from the sounds of your review (especially the Saturday) you may not need the extra one :D Hopefully I can also keep the pace :dead:
MrIntrepid
Bronze Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:03 pm

MrIntrepid wrote:Cheers Bruce,

I will keep checking the website regularly so I don't miss out. Hopefull I will see you there and buy you a dram - although from the sounds of your review (especially the Saturday) you may not need the extra one :D Hopefully I can also keep the pace :dead:

A taster for the spring: http://www.dufftown.co.uk/spirit_of_spe ... report.htm
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder