Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bruichladdich Whisky Tasting - Dumfries

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Bruichladdich Whisky Tasting - Dumfries

Postby The wee green man » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:15 pm

I recently attended a whisky tasting hosted by Jim McEwan at the Station Hotel in Dumfries. I am a member of the Drambusters whisky club organised by T B Watson in Dumfries. What a night!!
It was to be Jim's last ever hosted whisky tasting in the UK as he was now going to devote more time to the construction and setting up of the Port Charlotte distillery.
The evening was a great success (as ever when Jim is involved!) and included the first ever tasting of X4 (Perilous) which is at one year old (alcohol content 84.4%) It was a huge taste that exploded on the lips. I felt very privileged to try it.
Also tasted on the night were:
The 18 year old, Carnoustie, Waves, Infinity 2, 12 year old and a Murray McDavid Glendullan.
One of the things that Jim mentioned was the setting up of a 'Boot Camp' on the construction site of the Port Charlotte Distillery. He is looking for volunteers to carry out labouring or whatever skills they could contribute to the project (more information on the Bruichladdich website.) Food and Board would be provided.
He also mentioned that there were 100 casks of Loch Indaal whisky available at £1,800 these are to be filled in Bourbon casks. These are being sold in an effort to raise revenue for the construction.
That was his fifth visit to Dumfries and he annual visits will be sadly missed. He is always a pleasure to listen to and very entertaining. He had spent all afternoon at the shop signing and dating all the bottles bought at the tasting.

Charlie (The Wee Green Man)
The wee green man

Re: Bruichladdich Whisky Tasting - Dumfries

Postby Sherried Malt » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Which were your favorites? Would be particularly interested in your thoughts on the 18 and Carnoustie.

Thanks much and welcome to the Fourms! :thumbsup:
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder