Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Celtic Connections Whisky Workshop

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Celtic Connections Whisky Workshop

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:11 am

Did anyone else go to (or is going to) any of the Whisky Workshops as part of the Celtic Connections Festival in Glasgow?

This it the third year in a row I've gone and it's great. Previous years I think Diageo put them on so it was a selection of their malts. This year it was solely Bunnahabhain, with distillery manager John MacLellan talking us through the 12, 18, and 25 year olds and then Black Bottle (which pleasantly surprised me).

We left with a miniature of Black Bottle and a glass, so all in it was well worth the £15 - the 25 yo shot alone probably covering that.

There's one left this coming Saturday, but it appears to be sold out. Maybe they'll have returns if anyone's keen:

http://www.celticconnections.com/whatson/event/69731
Deactivated Member

Re: Celtic Connections Whisky Workshop

Postby Spirit of Islay » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Butephoto ,
Sounds like you had a good time . I was talking to John about this event at the start of December and he was saying how he was really looking forward to it , especially as it was BB's first year of sponsorship . He's some man , very knowledgable about his Isle and his whisky with a great sense of humour . I must say i enjoy Bunnie , just wish the 25yo wasn't so expensive , the 18yo is a Bargain compared to it .
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Re: Celtic Connections Whisky Workshop

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Yup, I really enjoyed trying the 25yo. The 18 was delicious too, though.

John was an excellent speaker with the right amount of knowledge and humour mixed together with a genuine passion.

I can't wait for next year's already.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder