Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Kenilworth Tasting - Japan v Scotland - 26th February

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Kenilworth Tasting - Japan v Scotland - 26th February

Postby The Whisky Lounge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Simply a tasting of some crucial whiskies from both countries. The last time I did this tasting (blind), everybody was utterly dumbfounded at the result - which was nobody could pick, with any accuracy, the two countries apart.
The Kenilworth have kindly agreed to host this in there superb bar and due to its 'small, but perfectly formed' nature, space and numbers are limited!
Please see my website - http://www.thewhiskylounge.com - for more details and booking information. Look forward to seeing you there!

Slainte!
The Whisky Lounge

Re: Kenilworth Tasting - Japan v Scotland - 26th February

Postby The Whisky Lounge » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Still a few places remaining for this tasting in Warwickshire. Let me know if you are interested through the website or via email - eddie@thewhiskylounge.com.

Slainte!
The Whisky Lounge

Re: Kenilworth Tasting - Japan v Scotland - 26th February

Postby The Whisky Lounge » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:05 am

Great tasting in the end, sampled the following with corresponding scores for each whisky (all were tasted blind)...

Old Pulteney 12 Y.O
7/10

Yamazaki 10 Y.O
6 and a quarter/10

Yoichi 15 Y.O
7 and three quarters/10

Springbank 10 Y.O 100 proof
7 and a half/10

Hakushu 12 Y.O
6 and a half/10

Ardbeg 1990 'The Beastie'
8 and a half/10

A tough group of tasters who were determined not to be over-generous with their scores! In the end the Ardbeg triumphed, although the Yoichi was the surprise of the night and was marked down by some due to cost.
If you would like to take part in any of these tastings, in person or potentially by post, please contact me through the website, http://www.thewhiskylounge.com or email me direct, eddie@thewhiskylounge.com.
The Whisky Lounge

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder