Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

'xclusive' whisky tasting

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

'xclusive' whisky tasting

Postby jmrl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:42 pm

A tasting offering the chance to try something not easily replaceable.

Ardbeg Corryvreckan 57.1% Ardbeg Committee

Highland Park single Oloroso cask 12yo 60.6% for Oddbins

Springbank Society refill port hogshead 12.90 - 02.08 17yo 51.5% 570 bottles

Nikka Japanese single coffey malt 56%

Michel Couvreur's over 16yo bere barley malt 45% (as this is a 50cl bottle if the tasting is full (28 tasters) the dram size will be reduced from 25ml to 18ml otherwise it will be split evenly up to 25ml each..got it?)

Tasting as usual at Tolbooth Tavern, 167 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh
7.30pm Thursday 10th July tickets £21/18* plus approximately £3.50 for postage and packaging if you want them shipped to you. * first timers/members discount. Membership cost £10 for 13 months and offers a permanent £3 discount off ticket price. Drop me a personal message to organise tickets.

The coffey malt should be topical as I believe the SWA regulations governing the catagories of whisky don't include malt made in continuous stills a practice that Loch Lomond are apparently looking to get involved with.

Also the Bere barley is an example of mature spirit from one of the oldest strains used in Scottish distilling which recently has been used by amongst others Bruichladdich although all stock of the most recent experiments remain immature.
jmrl
Gold Member

Re: 'xclusive' whisky tasting

Postby jmrl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:25 pm

I am neither wacky, zany not irreverant. I just forgot to to put the 'e' in exclusive.
jmrl
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder