Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Customer reviews of Parkers Whisky

General chat and talk about whisky.

Customer reviews of Parkers Whisky

Postby Tomb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 am

Please can anybody help me with communicating with Richard Parker of http://www.parkerswhisky.co.uk regarding a 2 1/2 month old 700 pound missing delivery.

I keep being told Richard Parker is the only person who can help me, he is always out, he never returns my calls and I have never received an email.

I've found other stories like mine on other forums! I'm not a complainer and I'm sure it's the couriers fault, however 2 1/2 months of no replies does make me start to think I'm being avoided.

Anyway and comments any help, would be much appreciated.
Tomb

Re: 10% off everything at Parkers Whisky

Postby adogranonthepitch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 am

I have sent you a Private Message (PM). log on and you will see a mail box section at the top
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby wandering pict » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:51 am

Maybe you can also help in getting Richard to pay his bills which are now over 8 months over due and also ask him to keep to his promised pay dates rather than just not paying when promising to pay.
:evil:
wandering pict

Postby r900p » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 pm

I agree Nick, Chris does need to post more often, if this is the only place he can do so. :roll:
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby richard » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 pm

im afraid he/s getting a bit of bad reputation as seen in the last article of raw deal in the sunday post plenty of promises :lol:

seems to take a very long time to pay up usually several months or longer in some cases

richard :?
richard
Silver Member

Postby arselon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Do not bother placing an order with this ship. It is very unlikely you are getting the products. I am another victim. I will file a county court claim against him.
arselon

Postby RParker » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:14 am

Dear Mr A

Firstly, I would like to thank you for giving me your business. I understand from this forum and other forums like this one, you feel you have been let down by myself and my colleagues as you state 'you are a victim' and that any customer of mine is, and I quote you 'very unlikely you are getting the products'.

I do not spend my time on these forums as I have a business to run. I appreciate ther were issues with certain people around the winter of 2009/2010. These issues have been resolved and the persons concerned have told me they are satisfied with the outcome. I am making a concerted effort, in these challenging business times, to ensure everyone I deal with is dealt with in the manner they deserve, be thet buyer or supplier alike. Like all businesses, there are issues, but there ways and means to deal with those.

I am not aware of any customer who has not received a bottle, for whom I am not in contact with. Posting upwards of 50 bottles a day, there will always be brekages and losses. There is a due process to deal with these, including commuincation with the carrier and communication with the customer to get the matter resolved. I have no idea who you are, especially if you are threatening the use of county court claims against me.

I am dissapointed you have felt the need to sully the name of my company this way. However, I recognise this is an open society and everyone has an opinion.

All I ask is that you ring myself on 01261 812353 (Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm) or email me rparker@parkerswhiskyco.uk and discuss the matter so we can resolve the issue.

Finally, as a final word to all the whisky buying public who are reading this. If you have an issue, then ring the whisky shop owner and talk to them. Yes use forums like this if you dont get any satisfaction, and if you do resolve the issue, why not give us whisky retailers a break and repost to say the issue has been resolved. I know I have had issues in the past,, some of which have been posted on this forum, but none have reposted after the event to say it had been sorted. Thank you for reading htis, and finally, Mr A ... give myself a call and lets get this thing sorted

Richard Parker
RParker

Postby ardbeguser » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Sorry to add to this, but I made one order with Parker's Whisky a couple of years ago, and I will never order with them again.

It may seem trivial, but the promise was all orders would ship with a free haggis! No haggis arrived! Despite numerous attempts at communication with Mr Parker, I got no response and no satisfaction. This could all have been so easily resolved if he had responded to me and apologised.

No response from a web business to a customer complaint = no more orders in my book, because it means any problem you might encounter (more serious than a missing haggis), will also not get resolved.
ardbeguser

Postby bredman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 am

ardbeguser wrote:more serious than a missing haggis

Like what exactly? :D
bredman
Double Gold Member

Postby ardbeguser » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:33 am

bredman wrote:
ardbeguser wrote:more serious than a missing haggis

Like what exactly? :D

Well, like a missing bottle of whisky: :shock: That would be serious!!
ardbeguser

Postby Tomb » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 am

My personal experience of Parkers Whisky and especially Richard Parker is based on true experience and a diary of facts.When an order was accepted and paid for, I found the team at www.parkerswhisky.co.uk to be very friendly and help full, and when this order was never delivered I understood that 3rd parties like couriers would increase the time spent to understanding the problem and straightening the issue. What I did not understand and can not accept is my emails about the problem not being acknowledged or replied to, my calls always being referred to someone who knew nothing about delivery and explaining only Richard Parker can help and Mr. Richard Parker being unavailable to talk with me, help me, or even respond to my emails, faxes and posted letters. The whole experience left me feeling uncared for and cost me a $1,400 order of Whisky which at that time I could only assume had been lost by the courier - until I demanded from a lady who answered the phone and would not help "a copy of the courier consignment note or i would go to the Police". In that call as if by magic Richard Parker became available and on that call he tried to give some excuse as to why he had ignored me and that he would send the courier consignment note. NO NOTE was sent and again I went through the same issue as explained of my emails and calls being ignored, until again by chance the same lady answered my calls and I bluffed by saying I had made a complaint to the local Police and Richard again came to the phone again promising the courier consignment note, what was sent was not for my order it was a courier consignment note for a different order or a forgery, I had to go through 4 months of calls and emails to get to this stage and find out myself that although my funds were taken Richard Parker/www.parkerswhisky.co.uk did not process my order for delivery. I can confirm that www.parkerswhicky.co.uk uses regular mail as to not pay import tax on his deliveries accepting the risk that when an order is lost he has no argument with the delivery agency overseas "NO INSURANCE" which is not going to be a cost to Richard Parker, www.parkerswhisky.co.uk need to disclose this and allow the customer to decide.
Tomb

Postby Tomb » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:14 am

Collector57

I hope you never have an order go missing, money lost from a company who ignore and abuse you. But if you did, I hope you would be confident enough to warn others.
Tomb

Postby DavidUK » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 pm

I have placed one order with this outlet and while my order was eventually received in full (after a two week delay) I shall never use them again as the way they handled my enquires did not inspire confidence.
DavidUK

Postby ardbeguser » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:19 am

Collector57 why do you stand up for Parker's? You go against the experience of numerous people like Tomb and myself who have found that Parker's will not answer emails or return calls. This lack of response to the customer is unacceptable for any retailer, whether they sell whisky or whatever.
ardbeguser

Postby PeterNorton » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 am

Well, I'm another sad disgruntled Parker customer. I wanted some Chase vodka (hard to get in the US) and since I was spending Christmas in Canterbury, I hoped to bring some home to New York with me.

Well, readers of this thread will know the litany -- I ordered on-line, and the liquor never arrived. Others have been stung for more than me (I'm out "only" 300 pounds) but I'm more bothered by not being able to get the booze and by Parker's lack of response.

Another sad case.

-- Peter Norton (not the British war hero)
PeterNorton

Postby CalvinK » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Richard from the above said he was not aware of any outstanding order. Quite a contradiction from what other experienced.

I am have similar disappointing experience with Parkers Whisky. I tried to request for a refund for unfulfilled order. Richard confirmed the order was refunded but the fund never arrived. It still hasn't after more than 2 months. I tried to request a bank confirmation for the refund. He does even bother to reply to my emails. So, I tried registered posts. He received the posts but still does not bother to reply. I still have not received my refund.

Being too busy is not any excuse for not replying customers' emails/posts or fulfilling any customer's order. Experience with Parkers Whisky is simply disappointing.
CalvinK

Postby MrPeeved » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Same situation for me. Bottle of whiskey ordered, paid extra for overnight delivery. Nothing arrived. Eventually had an email response saying another would be shipped out to arrive within 3 days. Still nothing. No further replies to my emails, no one picks up the phone when I call. It's been over a month since I first placed my order and I've resigned myself to the fact that this guy has just taken my money. Richard Parker is by far the most incompetent, deceitful and dishonest person I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with.
MrPeeved

Postby MacDeffe » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 am

Read somewhere on the internet that his shop is closed due to failing sales

Steffen
MacDeffe
Bronze Member

Postby Scottie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:25 am

Yes, shop is empty and closed.
Owners whereabouts unknown.
Scottie

Postby CalvinK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:53 am

The website says: "We are in the process of relocating Parkers Whisky to a larger facility to better serve you. All orders will be dispatched on time but we will be unable to answer our phones for a short period during the move."

He seems to be receiving orders on the website...

Phone line is dead and shop is empty & locked? Whereabout of the owner is still unknown? Sounds like a runner to me.
CalvinK

Postby r900p » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Perhaps he has gone solely online, the money that can be saved if you didn't have premises to pay for and could work from home must be fairly large. Don't see any comments on moving to new premises.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby CalvinK » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

r900p, this is very noble of you to say this.

Perhaps it will save Richard Parker even more if he doesn't fulfill any order and do a runner.

Richard has many upset customers. One of the link is:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 56533.html
CalvinK

Postby r900p » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Calvin,

It does appear worse than I had thought. Can people not go back through their credit card companies?

Is anyone living up there than can ask around?

Parkers is one I've always avoided whatever I have been after has been cheaper elsewhere.

R
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby richard » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:29 pm

i hate to say this if you go to the other forum you will see a bit more of what is going on at parkers whisky shop

its quite interesting

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby copious » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Front page of local Banffshire Journal ......... Banff Company Leaves Whisky Buyers Sour.
Richard parker closed his whisky store down and kept his online operation going
he owes £4000 to his landlord and many customers have lost money paying for whisky and postage never to receive delivery, One customer has hired a private investigator to find his whereabouts supposed to be in Yorkshire, if you have been let down there is a contact no for the Banff newspaper 01261 819372

MAYBE COLLECTOR 57 CAN FIND HIM!!
copious

Postby richard » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 pm

if you look at his stock hes got a lot of money tied up in it
but whos going to buy it off him when you dont know if you parcel will ever turn up

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby richard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:07 pm

seems hes opened up in beverley and got a new website its all on the other website but the link doesnt work

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby richard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 pm

you can go to the grand opening tomorrow at beverley angel square toll gavel and meet the mayor as well
and you can meet his brother next door at his model shop how quaint
the links working now

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby Ganga » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Any news on those that seemed to have been taken? Have they been made whole yet?
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby CalvinK » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm

I just came across this:

http://www.banffshire-journal.co.uk/New ... 082011.htm

i don't really understand why they cannot be stopped
CalvinK

Postby r900p » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Surprised a bank would support his second venture. I'm guessing he folded his old company meaning the debts died with that and didn't follow him. If the original co was in his name can you not put a bankruptcy petition on him personally.
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby richard » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:32 am

looks like hes closed the parkers web site hes new one seems to be up and running somebodys already dealt with him and posted they are happy with his service how long will it last i wonder

did i notice a comment about this section has been removed ?
richard
Silver Member

Postby richard » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:06 pm

must have been a glitch its back up and working never mind
richard
Silver Member

Postby r900p » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:42 pm

I can't find the website only domain being owned by someone in Manchester.
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby DRAKOSKL » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:52 am

i ordered a bottle of whisky on the 19th of august paid for it with my amex the same day. i was waiting until 4 of september and then i decided to contact them. they said they send my bottle 2 weeks ago and it must have been lost so they send me another one on the 6th of september. they said i should have it in 7-10 days. 15 days past and i contact them again but i got no response either with email or phone . i am sure that they didnt send it because i did not get a tracking number and i asked for it many times by email and got no response at all. i will go all the way for this because i found out that many people have the same ploblems.
today is the 21st of september i called the phone thats on the website
http://www.parkerswhisky.co.uk/contact_ ... a4154a483d which is still working and i can only reach his answering machine. i send many emails but i got no other response. something has to be done
DRAKOSKL

Next

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder