Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Finish is Best

General chat and talk about whisky.

The Finish is Best

Postby Wub » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm

I don't eat chocolate very often, but when I do I prefer dark chocolate. I remember when I was young just letting it melt against my palate, savoring the flavour (I probably still do it, but it's something I associate with my youth).

I'm drinking the Laphroaig QC tonight with a touch of water (to bring out the tropical fruit flavours) and I've realized that for me the finish is the most exciting aspect of whisky drinking: the most intense flavours come during and after the act of swallowing (though I guess this might just be with whiskies that have a good finish). With the QC tonight it was like chocolate coated tropical fruit, and smoke wafting up my nasal passage
Wub
Bronze Member

Re: The Finish is Best

Postby borgom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am

Agree with you there Wub. QC sure is a great whisky with a lovely finish although I personally prefer it neat.
borgom
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Wub this has been discussed on this forum before, but you need to try a real good quality chocolate with the whisky. Man now we are talking. :)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Wub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 pm

les taylor wrote:Wub this has been discussed on this forum before, but you need to try a real good quality chocolate with the whisky. Man now we are talking.

I didn't actually mean that I was eating chocolate with my whisky last night, but yeah, that sounds like a very pleasant thing to do. Right now I'm trying to train my palate to pick up flavours in the whisky, and I think eating chocolate at the same time would just confuse matters.

Mark
Wub
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder