Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Went to Binny's

General chat and talk about whisky.

Went to Binny's

Postby Chef! » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Visiting in-laws here in Chicago and asked if I could peek inside on our way to a dinner reservation. Didn't have any time to look around because of the time constraint but all I can say is that I wished BevMo would follow suit or Binny's would come to California. And this was one of the smaller stores in the area so I can only imagine what the others offered.

I was hoping they would have had Corry but instead I bought a Lagavulin 12 and a Sazerac 18 2009.

Now I just need to get some time to hit the stores in San Francisco.
Chef!

Re: Went to Binny's

Postby lockejn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:23 pm

:thumbsup: I'm jealous :cry:
lockejn
Triple Gold Member

Postby mikeymad » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Lucky that Binny's has a lot of their stuff on-line and they ship to CA... would still like to go out and play with bottles...

With K&L (both locations in Bay area), D&M and Beltramo's.. we do pretty good up here...

Ping me if you are interested in having beverages sometime... (I am up in Marin)..

Cheers,
Mikey
mikeymad
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby shulaw05 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 pm

although there are slight variations, most of the binnys carry the same selection of whisky in their stores.
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Postby Chef! » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:20 am

Good news is that I was just told there is Total Wines in my area so I went to check it out.

VERY impressive whisky selection and great prices on all mid range bottles. There was the exception (ie Triumph and one or two others that were too expensive) but everything else seemed great including their inventory of my favorites.
Chef!

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder