Happy new year to you all.
I was having a discussion with a good pal of mine and we were trying to name our definitive top ten whiskies.
This is currently mine, and it might change tomorrow, and some of the reasons are personal, but as I cannot find a similar thread on the forum, I wondered what the response would be from the rest of you.
1)Linkwood 15, the original yellow and black label.
2) Rosebank 12 yo flora/fauna. No brainer.
3) Highland Park 15, pound for pound in my book the best of the bunch.
4) Glenfiddich 15. Ditto above.
5) Dalmore 12 year old. Brings back many fond memories
6) Bunnahabhain 12. Again, pound for pound, beats the other ages. Just shaded over Ardbeg 17 due to cost.
7) Clynelish 14. Would have chosen a Brora but I am on a budget.
Glenfarclas 21. Again, good memories, and in my opinion the best of the Glenfarclas family.
9) Pittyvaich 15 flora/fauna-If you can still get it.
10) Glenfiddich 30. If I am going to overspend it might as well be on this one.
Look forward to hearing the rest.